Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davebees
Feb 18, 2009
Is there any way to customise the main toolbar so that there's no Widgets menu? It's not a big deal really, but I never use widgets so it's just taking up space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebees
Feb 18, 2009

Plorkyeran posted:

In Preferences -> Advanced -> Toolbars, create a copy of the default menu layout. Open %APPDATA%\Opera\Opera 10 Preview\profile\menu\standard_menu (1).ini, delete the line "Submenu, M_WIDGET_MENU, Browser Widgets Menu". Restart Opera and switch the copied menu configuration and the Widgets menu will be gone. I'm not sure what you'd get out of this unless you use a very narrow browser window though, as it'll just leave more blank space after the Help menu...

Perfect, thanks very much.

I know there's no real advantage to deleting it, but there's no harm in decluttering a bit. :)

davebees
Feb 18, 2009
Opera's frontpage is amazing today.

davebees
Feb 18, 2009

GuyGizmo posted:

Doesn't look any more amazing than it usually does for me? :confused:

If you're talking about them changing it to the crappy 1994 style webpage filled with annoying animated gifs, I've seen that, but I don't get that page if I just go to https://www.opera.com

Try clearing your cookies :)

davebees
Feb 18, 2009

kapalama posted:

Stupid question: How do I force Speed Dial to update its website snapshot?

Right click the thumbnail and hit 'Reload'. Or just press F5 on a new tab to update 'em all.

davebees
Feb 18, 2009
I hope they update the Tango CL theme for 10 because the default menu button looks pretty bad with it:

davebees
Feb 18, 2009

Nobdy posted:

I started getting this error with turning off the menu bar. Where's my button? I know I can just hit alt to bring up the menu, and actually I kind of like it that way, but really, it probably shouldn't disappear on its own.

It seems that if I change any settings while it's in use it turns the button off. Anyone else getting this? Maybe it's just this skin.

The button's been disappearing for me too, I'm using the Tango CL skin.

davebees
Feb 18, 2009

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Yeah, I saw the keyboard layout under advanced preferences but the list of things you can edit is looooong. Any idea which ones I'm looking for? The ctrl b one I mentioned in my last post is the most important, I can do without the others.

1 and 2 should be the shortcuts for "switch to previous page" and "switch to next page".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebees
Feb 18, 2009
Is there any easy (or easyish) way of changing the icon of a bookmark in the personal bar?