Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Is this the prompt?

It's only showing up for me on SA also, so that's nice I guess. I also hit "Open" once and Opera still works fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

omeg posted:

I'm looking for some solution to highlighting multiple search terms in a page. All I found was this and it doesn't work for me (Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; U; IBM EVV/3.0/EAK01AG9/LE; en) Presto/2.10.289 Version/12.02). Use case is, for example, quickly scanning SA forums to find some info. Any ideas?

Press the forward slash button?

edit: or maybe you mean highlight two or more different search terms instead of just multiple instances of one search term in which case I dunno.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Gmail seems to work fine for me. What issues are you having?

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Somehow I managed to get it into a perpetual "crash on startup" loop, no matter what I choose (don't load extensions, start with speed dial, start with home page, etc.). Left it for a while and it worked again but my Speed Dial extensions don't work anymore. Hooray Opera.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I got the crash loop again and when I started it up again it popped up a weird proxy login screen that basically served as a "whoops go download 12.14" message. That was kind of funny.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I had a dream last night that I updated Opera and the tabs at the top looked exactly like the tabs in Chrome. Yes, I literally dreamed about the implications of Opera switching to WebKit (+ Chromium?).

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Why must this happen :(

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Wheany posted:

How do you download the Windows x64 version of Opera off Opera's own pages? There used to be some "other versions" link somewhere, but I can't find it.

I could not find a way, i resorted to googling and downloaded it off some other site.
Welcome, my friend, to the mystical download page you can only find through Googling and finding a link buried in a forum post on my.opera.com. It was annoying to grab the 64 bit version before but now it's literally missing from the actual download page.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Raften posted:

Twitter and a few other websites have pushed out updates that Opera 12.16 can't handle. I guess it's the end for old school Opera. Does anyone have a good list of firefox plugins that are similar to all of Opera's features?
Yeah, this poo poo has been getting more and more common. :( Someone needs to break into Opera and steal 12.16's code so the world can fork that poo poo. I want my browser back.

Also, echoing your FF request, if anyone knows instead how to turn Chrome into Opera or whatever I'm all ears.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Azurrat posted:

Chrome has steadily been getting clunkier and more sluggish over the months, so I decided to try out Opera again for the first time in years, and wow. It is so much loving better now. They finally got rid of all that stupid bloat and made it streamlined. It's lightning fast, very responsive. I especially like that I can load up chrome extensions, it made migrating over really easy.
Oh lord.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Well, Chrome has bookmarks, so... no.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
The litany of fuckups is becoming unending at this point. My piece of poo poo Chrome Opera which I've been using after I reformatted my computer because why the hell not wanted to update yesterday, so I said okay, and now "Ctrl + Backspace" is bound to some sort of loving thing (it's like "next page" or some bullshit like that) which fucks me up because I always use Ctrl + Backspace to delete words when I'm typing. And I can't even figure out how to change keyboard shortcuts in this piece of poo poo. You probably can't even do that. Why is this so awful and what did we, collectively, as humans, do to deserve this? If Opera 12.old wasn't giving me issues on progressively more sites, I'd just install that thing again. Otter better hurry the gently caress up.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Mithaldu posted:

At the end of the day it's chrome, and chrome was meant to be fast and light-weight, which is an impossibility with highly customizable software.
EXCEPT OPERA 12.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Otter recently added bookmark importing. I don't use it yet and it's still largely unfinished, but maybe there's enough stuff there to try it out?

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
So, I'm using the new Opera (I know...) and after a combination of thinking I was going crazy + thinking everyone's standards for images online was in the shitter, I've realized that it's compressing the gently caress out of images that it displays. Like, if I load up a page in Opera and in Chrome and alt + tab between them, the Opera ones look like poo poo and the Chrome ones look fine. I can't figure out how to turn this off. What the gently caress? Anyone know how to fix it?

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Gah, great guess! It was indeed Opera Turbo. I was confused because it doesn't show up anywhere in the "Settings" menu. It is, however, in the top level menu, so I managed to turn it off and now everything is okay. Thanks!

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Did Opera 26 just change everyone's default search engine to Google and does it not let you change it to anything other than one from the default set of default search engines? Because I think it did that to me. What the gently caress Opera?

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Armitage_Shanks posted:

Has anyone been keeping tabs on Otter? Is it progressing at all?
They keep updating it, so... yes? I haven't used it at all, though.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Man I switched to Vivaldi a few days ago and it's pretty much everything I've ever wanted. No more Opera for me! Maybe some day I'll try out Otter but for now Vivaldi's great.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

an actual dog posted:

I switched from Chrome to Opera this morning after reading Jason Koebler go ga ga over it and yea it's good. I don't keep a kazillion tabs open but I'm noticing things are snappier and the UI doesn't bug me the way Opera used to.
Now that you've switched to Opera you should switch again to Vivaldi. The first option when you select text is copy!

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I have uBlock Origin installed and everything's working fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Seems like the latest Vivaldi update killed Flash on some websites? Even after going into settings and telling it to allow Flash everywhere, HBO insists I don't have Flash :(