Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Hahaha I just tried Opera on Ubuntu and it looks like poo poo. Font rendering does not respect system wide settings (sub pixel smoothing), uses weird custom GUI toolkit that looks really out of place and the 'Tango' theme really doesn't look like Tango.

Pity, I love speed dial & Opera Mini (<3)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Casao posted:

It uses QT and everything can be set in the QT stuff, it's not like they wrote their own GUI Toolkit.

That explains why it looks terrible with Gnome then.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

What's a good native looking skin for Windows 7 with the new 10.5 beta? I'd like to keep my tabs in the window frame like the default skin but move them up a little bit :)

Look how big the gap is:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

sbt posted:

Go to opera:config#UserPrefs|ChromeIntegrationDragArea

set it so something smaller and restart opera

You the man!

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Has anyone managed to get this Fancy SA forums extensions going in Opera yet?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3423378

Afaik it's just JS and CSS, I might have a crack but I have never made an Opera Extension before.