Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

I'm trying Opera on OSX
My main problem is the scroll wheel is way too sensitive.
With Safari/Firefox, the behavior is normal. But with Opera, it's so sensitive that the little movement generated by middle clicking causes the page to scroll.
How can I change that? There's nothing in Preferences that I could see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

So I upgraded to Opera 10 and my browsing is extremely slow
The program is fine, but it seems like my internet connection got downgraded to a 56k modem.

Like just going to google just now, it spent on the order of a minute trying to connect. Then it loaded the page fine. But once I visit a page once in a browsing session, I can then load the page fine (new tab and enter in google.com is instant). This behavior is happening with all addresses.

Is Opera doing some sort of phishing check, or some sort of checking with some service that is slowing down my browsing? I searched through the prefs but didn't see anything that caught my eye.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Kameleon posted:

Is Opera Turbo switched on? There'll be a button with a little speedometer icon somewhere. It actually makes things slower on fast connections as all webpages get routed/compressed through Opera's quite-overloaded servers.

I turned off Opera Turbo and am still having the same problems.
I tried going back to Opera 9 and it's happening there too. Very strange. Since I was using Opera 9 fine.

If it helps, I'm on MacOS