Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

In this long line, there's been some real strange genes. You've got 'em all, with some extras thrown in.

Sergeant Hobo posted:

And in case anyone missed this from the last thread: Give feedback on Opera's UI.
Has anybody filled this out yet? What kind of things did you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

In this long line, there's been some real strange genes. You've got 'em all, with some extras thrown in.
I hope the new engine gives better Javascript performance and compatibility.

edit: bah, my horrible sentence structure lives on

Mustach fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Dec 4, 2008

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

Sweet, I've been looking for this, thanks!

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

Dude I just accidentally found out that if you hold left-click on the menu button, it'll give you context menu instead of making the normal menu visible.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

Then don't delete it, just rename the folder.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

Oh man, I want all of these new engines right now.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

View >> Fit to Width. There's also a little button on the status bar that toggles the setting.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

Honestly, I didn't think of it until he asked.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

kapalama posted:

IIRC, at one time Opera used QuickTime to render pages. Is this still the case? COuld I be hanging due to a QT update?
Opera is programmed with the multi-platform Qt library; not the QuickTime media player.

It sounds like your installation might just be busted. Sorry if I missed this, but have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling?

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

The press release. The wording sounds to me like it only impacts content providers and not browsers. A browser should have the ability to play paid-for Internet video, or even non-Internet free video, which are still open for fees.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

Wow, this version is sexy. Opera continues to be the best browser.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

Typing .whatever with Ctrl+G to cycle through the instances still works for me, and it feels just like the old one, aside from it now shifting the page down with the search box.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

Ape Agitator posted:

Find as you type works for you in the beta?
Sounds like you got some bugs.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

Works for me. I'm starting to get the impression that buying away the site's ads has shielded me from a bunch of Opera bugs.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

drat, I was wondering what happened to the thumbnails. I love those things.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

Yeah, I've had no ads for years now and it's great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

Have you tried the stuff under the Forms tab in Preferences?