Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leempi
Apr 28, 2003

Mustach posted:

Has anybody filled this out yet? What kind of things did you say?

I did. I want Opera to be native to the system, and mostly complained about gradients, icons, os native widgets (buttons, checkboxes, scrollbars), lack of polish, lack of attention to detail (hi 1px white border on icons), lack of thought in contrast and information hierarchy (i.e address bar drop-down could be better), and lack of upside down tabs (or general thought put into tabs (and other toolbars) being in different places, i.e. if someone decided to put them on the side).

If Hicks can bring Opera up to scratch with his usual level of excellent, then the only thing i have left to complain about running it on OSX is lack of the OS spell check integration (no, Aspell sucks), and no use of the keychain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leempi
Apr 28, 2003

Decided to give the new Opera a try ... and I kind of like it to be honest. It's a nice simple interface, it's fast, it has pin tabs (which admittedly could be a bit bigger), integrates with the OSX keychain and has a 1password extension. Going to try it as a main browser for a couple of days and see what quirks I run into that I didn't know I had.

Leempi
Apr 28, 2003

I have to say, i'm enjoying using Opera. The only really niggling thing is no h264 support, so vimeo doesn't work. It's kind of what chrome was when it first came out (useless comparison ahoy!)