Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nobdy
Apr 12, 2004
LOLLERZ LOLLERZ LOLLERZ LOLLERZ
Oh Opera Gurus, I have a weird issue.

Normally, when I run Opera I use "ctrl-h" to reduce it to a small tray icon instead of relaunching it all the time. When Opera is actually open this little icon stays there in the tray.

However, on my Laptop it suddenly stopped working a while ago (after the 9.6 update I think?). Now the icon goes away every time I restore Opera. It's not that big of an issue, but I find it odd and haven't been able to find a setting anywhere that controls this behavior. I even tried recopying all my settings files from my desktop but it still does it.

Ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobdy
Apr 12, 2004
Opera still hides, but the tray icon is not persistent. It's probably not Opera's fault, as I haven't rebuilt that system in quite a long time. I just thought there might be a hidden setting somewhere specifically controlling the tray icon.

Thanks though, I had forgotten about the shortcut configurator.

Nobdy
Apr 12, 2004

Plorkyeran posted:

The Opera tray icon is only persistent if you have M2 enabled.

This was the clue that I needed. It turns out that somehow the mail client had become enabled on my laptop, so the icon was no longer persistant. The option I needed to change is the "Show E-mail Client" option under UserPrefs in config.

Nobdy
Apr 12, 2004
I'm still using 9.64 and I've never had any issues with Facebook. Do you have any userJS that might be messing with Facebook's? I also don't use any 3rd party apps so maybe one of those is the culprit.

Nobdy
Apr 12, 2004
I started getting this error with turning off the menu bar. Where's my button? I know I can just hit alt to bring up the menu, and actually I kind of like it that way, but really, it probably shouldn't disappear on its own.

It seems that if I change any settings while it's in use it turns the button off. Anyone else getting this? Maybe it's just this skin.

Nobdy
Apr 12, 2004
Whenever Opera hangs on an element and it freezes the tab "stop" always seems to work for me.

Nobdy
Apr 12, 2004
I am having the same problem. I tried editing the button binding to be "Forward | FastForward" just like the gesture but it didn't work.

Since the left-right click gesture still works it has only been slightly annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobdy
Apr 12, 2004
Yeah, other than that small issue I've been pretty happy with 10.51. It's noticeably faster in some situations and an improvement overall.