Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thegreatcodfish
Aug 2, 2004

iJay posted:

After upgrading to 10.10 a script I found a long time ago from these forums that used to automatically embed all youtube videos to the forums when I clicked a youtube link is not working anymore. It was pretty drat useful, anyone have any idea how to get it working again?

Okay, apparently it was originally a greasemonkey script made by biznatchio. I can post it here if someone needs it.

edit: Bah, and now it's working... Never mind this, then.

Could you post the script? I know the forums have built in embedding now, but I have it off since I browse from my phone a good bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegreatcodfish
Aug 2, 2004

Mithaldu posted:

I set Opera up as the email thing for my father, using Google mail and IMAP. However it shows every single mail twice. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Pretty sure that is just because of the way Gmail handles email, having email both in the inbox and the All Mail folder. There is a lab you can setup to setup what folders show in IMAP, that might sort it out if you hide All Mail.

thegreatcodfish fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 18, 2010

thegreatcodfish
Aug 2, 2004
I have an odd problem with Opera 10.51 on Windows 7 that I've never had before. Controls for video and music players are transparent, which makes them really hard to read unless I have a plain black window behind them. I am using the glass skin that makes everything use aero glass, so I figure that has something to do with it, but haven't heard anyone else complain about it. Anyone else seeing this and know of a fix? It's not unbearable, but can be annoying when the title of a song is part of the controls (such as Facebook's song player).

thegreatcodfish
Aug 2, 2004

thrawn86 posted:

I get the same thing with the text on youtube controls

Yeah I turned off the glass skin and it went away so it must be the glass skin.
Looks like he knows about it too:

Known Opera bugs with transparency:
- Text and elements inside plugins can be transparent instead of black, making it hard to read (DSK-277964)

http://my.opera.com/community/customize/skins/info/?id=9281

thegreatcodfish
Aug 2, 2004

Tikki posted:

(Almost) every time I try to download something, I get a download dialog with all options except for help, greyed out.

Is there a way to fix this or should I just submit a bug report?

Do you wait a few seconds? They have always greyed out open and save for the first few seconds for as long as I can remember.

thegreatcodfish
Aug 2, 2004
I actually have a problem with sync duplicating my bookmarks, which gets kind of annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegreatcodfish
Aug 2, 2004

Aunt Beth posted:

This is easily fixed. Just log into my.opera.com and look for the Opera Link menu at top. There's a duplicate bookmark removal tool there.

You are awesome, thanks.