Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Mithaldu posted:

Be smart: Use all the browsers, with Opera as a control center. Disable JS by default in Opera, and make heavy use of the URL blocker, and then do the following to set up buttons and menu entries to open links in other browsers, directly from inside Opera:

I originally got them from here: http://operawiki.info/webdevtoolbar

But for the buttons only, find your menu.ini and edit this into the appropiate sections:

I don't know why I clicked this thread, but thanks for this. Been using Chrome for a few years now and GOD I miss Presto Opera. If I could somehow open Chrome/FF/IE browser tabs inside Prestopera for poo poo like Facebook/Youtube I think I could finally be okay with things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Vivaldi seemed awesome when I first started it. But after I customized everything, it got really slow and laggy when zooming, scrolling... everything really. Tried disabling extensions, but no dice. Don't think it's my computer, it's a new 6600 i5 with 16 gigs of RAM. Any clues what it could be?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Mithaldu posted:

check d:\Vivaldi\Application\1.0.403.24\resources\vivaldi\

What am I looking for in here? Logs or something? Largest file is bundle.js at 1.5MB or so.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Mithaldu posted:

You asked why it's slow. As far as i'm concerned that poo poo there is the answer, since it's the UI of this browser.

lol thanks bud

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Darth TNT posted:

I've been trying Vivaldi for a bit. It feels nice and quick. It's surprisingly good. The worst part is the same thing as what Chrome does in that Extensions are disabled during private browsing.

Just check the allow in incognito mode box? Both browsers have this.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

suffix posted:

You can search in page with '.', but you can't press enter to follow a highlighted link while searching. That kind of sucks since that's how I usually browse with the keyboard. :(

Yes, I miss that too! Unironically nostalgic for a browser.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I just came back to Vivaldi after trying it initially but concluding it wasn't quite there yet. It's pretty drat good now.

Also, I figured out my bookmarks file that had been with me since 1995 or so, with its duplicate browser packaged defaults that had been backed up and imported over and over was what was causing responsiveness problems.

rapeface posted:

Vivaldi seemed awesome when I first started it. But after I customized everything, it got really slow and laggy when zooming, scrolling... everything really. Tried disabling extensions, but no dice. Don't think it's my computer, it's a new 6600 i5 with 16 gigs of RAM. Any clues what it could be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Has anyone tried using Vivaldi on a touch device? It's laggy as hell (as in 2-3 second lag, sometimes the touch doesn't register). Using a Surface Pro 3. Had to go back to Chrome, which is not bad with the slide to go back/forward.