Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

is there a way to get the OSX version of Opera to not close the window on the last tab? It frustrates the poo poo out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Zuffox posted:

Is there any way of changing Opera's native landing page for RSS feeds? For RSSs, I'd prefer to save them to Google Reader, and for podcasts I'd like to to at least be able to download the podcast links.
I doubt it. I think Opera looks at the XML header and not the MIME type of the page.

But what you could try is:
Ceate a new handler (Settings->Advanced->Programs) for MIME type "application/rss+xml" and associate it with the program 'http://reader.google.com/subscribe/whateverthefuck?url='

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Oh sorry, my bad. I meant Downloads.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

A few days ago the power in my apartment had a blip and I lost power to everything. But now I have a rather major problem with Opera.

It locks up for short period of times, and rather often. I've emptied the cache, emptied the URL history, deleted my windows swap file but I get the same thing.

Does anybody have any ideas what might be the cause of this? As far as I can tell its Opera specific and wasn't a problem before the power blip. OS is Vista 64.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Anunnaki posted:

Try uninstalling Opera, then go to "C:\User\<username here>\AppData\Roaming\" and delete "Opera" (note that "AppData" is a hidden folder). Then reinstall.
gently caress I hate doing this. Takes loving forever to get settings back to normal :(

*bites bullet*

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Under OSX, every time you close the last tab it closes the window. And I know I've asked how to fix this but it didn't seem to work and I sort of became accustomed to the way it works.

BUT

The trash remembers all the windows that close, so by the end of a week theres a 100 or so empty "Window X" items in the trash which obviously have no use what so ever.

Is there a way to stop this?

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Oh Palm, pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease ditch WebKit and use Vega and Carkan in your upcoming WebOS.

I can't see it being snappy otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

This is starting to gently caress me off. Opera will not save my bookmarklets. I've dragged a Digg bookmarklet next to my browser bar about 5 times now.

Why won't it stay there?