Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
Ask me about personal watercraft.
So with much futzing around I've been able to cobble together a pretty close approximation of Opera's tab stacking behavior and the tab tree found in the Windows panel using a few different Firefox extensions. Tab Utilities (use ver 1.6pre5) will enable tab stacking and add some additional tab options similar to Tab Mix Plus, you can enable auto-stacking by toggling extensions.tabutils.autoStack in about :config. Second, I've found a combination of OmniSidebar and 2 Pane Bookmarks will duplicate the Opera sidebar in that you can change the sidebar keyboard shortcut to F4 and add a toggle button in the margin, and importantly adds a custom toolbar to the top of the sidebar to toggle between bookmarks/history. And lastly using Pano will add the tree tab view, which mimics Opera's windows panel in that it groups trees by Tab Group rather than how Tree Style Tabs handles it in creating hierarchies based off of parent tabs spawning child tabs. Also it merges nicely with OmniSidebar if you add Pano's toolbar button to the sidebar toolbar. I've found that the windows panel became essential in managing the 600 tabs that long time Opera users will typically have open at any given time.

The only problem is that Pano hasn't been updated in a year, and appears to have ceased development as it was removed from the Addons directory. It works right now but who knows in a year, and I've found Tree Style Tabs doesn't quite fulfill the same niche. With everything setup correctly you should have something similar to what's in the image.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU