Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tyrion
Aug 30, 2005

Mithaldu posted:

GDI stuff is still hosed.

I think this was fixed yesterday actually, should be in the next build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyrion
Aug 30, 2005

Mithaldu posted:

Mind if i ask where you know this from?

I'm an Opera employee, working on Opera desktop temporarily.

Tyrion
Aug 30, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

How likely is it that Opera will support h264 in html5?

I'm not really sure, but I doubt support will be included in the near future. It might be possible to get it through a separate GStreamer install.
http://my.opera.com/core/blog/2009/12/31/re-introducing-video

Tyrion
Aug 30, 2005

Kameleon posted:

Don't suppose you know if the transparency flickering is being fixed?

Had a brief look but couldn't find this mentioned, so don't know...

Also the GDI fix didn't get in today's build by the way.

Tyrion
Aug 30, 2005

Kameleon posted:

Status field, not progress bar. Currently my status bar only contains the status field and a couple of buttons that I only have there to make it look a bit more full, I would like to eliminate it altogether.

I can't see any way to get the status field to appear inside the address bar, that would be an ideal solution for me.

Maybe Customize -> Appearance -> Buttons -> Status -> Status field, drag to address bar somewhere. It won't go inside the address field though...

Tyrion
Aug 30, 2005

Wheany posted:

e2: gently caress, and the bug report wizard doesn't work: "An error occurred while processing your bug report"

It got through, I'll confirm it.

Tyrion
Aug 30, 2005

GIMMEL posted:

How do I make it so I can middle click my bookmarks button entries? I have to shift click in order to open them in a new tab, unlike what I'm used to in firefox.

It's a deal breaker!!

Does this help?:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3007354&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=36#post373011941

There was a regression where we don't override the middle click button functionality anymore for SetPoint, and possibly other mouse drivers.

Tyrion
Aug 30, 2005

I think the closest you get are:
opera:cache?memory
opera:memdebug

You can also open info panel (F4 to open panel bar, '+' icon to add info panel) and see the current web page's size in bytes.

Tyrion
Aug 30, 2005

Opera 11.50 download counter: http://opera.com

Tyrion
Aug 30, 2005

Old Guadalajara posted:

This probably belongs in the iOS megathread, but has anyone tried out Opera Mini for their iPhone/iPod Touch? Once I saw that I could get it (A while back) I swapped over to it and haven't touched Safari since (I'm not too saavy with iOS and jailbreaking).

I'd point out that it got an update in May (version 6) that was an absolutely enormous improvement, it used to be worse than Safari on 3G but not anymore (IMO). For example there's now pinch zoom, and it renders pages faster. Also going back/forward in history is instant while Safari reloads the entire page.

Tyrion
Aug 30, 2005

Red Baron posted:

Well, this is a nice change of pace from the broswers I had been using, but I can't get the SALR script to work. I've got it put away in a special folder all by itself, with Opera set to point to that folder for user scripts, but it doesn't run? Is this just how it is right now, or am I doing something wrong?

There's currently a javascript error preventing it from running:

Event thread: AfterEvent.DOMContentLoaded
Uncaught exception: TypeError: Cannot convert 'salr' to object
Error thrown at line 2493, column 137 in <anonymous function>(e):
salr.event_onLoad(e);

Tyrion
Aug 30, 2005

Startacus posted:

Here's kind of a random question that I'm sure someone here knows the answer to. One of the things that annoys about Opera is that, if I'm typing something into the address bar and then i alt-tab to look at something and alt-tab back into Opera, it highlights the whole address bar instead of placing the cursor where it was, at the end of the text. Is there an option somewhere to prevent this? I'm getting sick of deleting my search queries. :(

You could hit the "end" button, or am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyrion
Aug 30, 2005

Lakitu7 posted:

It's complete nonsense that they still haven't fixed it, but you can install this extension as a workaround and everything is gravy.

https://addons.opera.com/en/addons/extensions/details/image-autosizer/2.0/

It's been fixed in Opera 12 alpha at least.