Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JonTheDon
Sep 16, 2005
I heard on previous builds of Opera 10 that Facebook Chat wasn't working 100% - could someone verify whether the latest build from two weeks ago works fine please?

I saw above that 'Share' might not work, though that's not too important to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonTheDon
Sep 16, 2005

ufarn posted:

Oh, and the new Opera will be out tomorrow: Pic. Also confirmed on Opera's Twitter feed reading "Tomorrow".
'Beta 1' is out now:
http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/

JonTheDon
Sep 16, 2005
The official Opera 10.5 'pre-alpha' is out:
http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2009/12/22/from-all-of-us-to-all-of-you

My first impressions are good, but bear this in mind:

quote:

Warning
This build is pre-alpha quality. It's intended as an early showcase for new technologies. It might freeze your computer, corrupt your data, embarrass you in front of your friends or worse. Don't upgrade your existing Opera installation with it.

JonTheDon
Sep 16, 2005

Mithaldu posted:

Are gestures broken in the Pre-Alpha for anyone else?
I only use one gesture, new tab - I've noticed it's less sensitive, and have to use a bit more motion.

JonTheDon
Sep 16, 2005
I upgraded to the 10.5 beta, and now my bookmarks are all 'gone'.

They're on the Link server, and I have my bookmarks.ini - but whatever I do, I can't seem to either make it recognise them or re-sync.

JonTheDon
Sep 16, 2005
Looks like Opera might need to rush out 10.5 to get it as a 'browser ballot' choice:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8524019.stm

quote:

Millions of European Internet Explorer (IE) users will have the option to choose an alternative browser from 1 March, Microsoft has announced.

JonTheDon
Sep 16, 2005

Angryhead posted:

Can't login to eBay with the new version, any way to revert?
I'm having this problem too, and with a couple of other sites. It won't let me log in, eBay just returns me to the login page after each attempt.

Any suggestions?

JonTheDon
Sep 16, 2005
Looking at the Opera forums, the eBay login problem seems to be quite common.

There is a 'fix' of sorts it seems, renaming your cookies4.dat file and letting Opera create a new one. Unfortunately, this gets rid of all your saved cookies for every site. It fixed the problem here, but I undid it, because for me it's not worth re-logging in to everything, assuming Opera fix the problem in a new build soon.

JonTheDon
Sep 16, 2005
Since installing the new build, Opera crashes every time I close a tab.

Installed 10.51 final over the top, issue still there.

EDIT: sorted it with 10.51, but I wouldn't recommend this new build.

JonTheDon fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 1, 2010

JonTheDon
Sep 16, 2005
I've installed it, and haven't noticed anything odd, and hadn't had any crashes so far (though of course your results may vary).

I've put on a few basic extensions, although there's nothing very sophisticated out just yet, at least that I've found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonTheDon
Sep 16, 2005

LooKMaN posted:

I've installed Opera 11 Beta but now it has taken over the default browser setting in Windows 7 from Opera 10, how do i set it back to Opera 10? Setting in in Opera preferences doesn't work.
Not sure, but you could try setting IE/Firefox/Chrome as your default browser, then setting Opera 10 as default afterwards.