Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bartkusa
Sep 25, 2005

Air, Fire, Earth, Hope

Wheany posted:

Did you know: Clicking on a image while holding Ctrl opens the "Save image as" dialog.

<-- Try it now.

:aaaaa:

What do I have to do to get Opera 10 to inherit my skins, tab layout, bookmarks, etc? They're not all covered by Opera Sync, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartkusa
Sep 25, 2005

Air, Fire, Earth, Hope
Opera Mini is the bomb on an HTC Mogul, and is probably good on the TyTN II as well.

Opera Mobile is in its loving elemtent on the HTC Touch Pro or better. All it needs is Opera Sync, and I'll never use Mini again.

bartkusa
Sep 25, 2005

Air, Fire, Earth, Hope
I have intermittant, rare crashes when using that kind of search. On Vista, with Opera 9.

bartkusa
Sep 25, 2005

Air, Fire, Earth, Hope

Casao posted:

Facebook breaking and unbreaking every other version is annoying.

This is FB's fault more than Opera's. I ran 9.64 up until last week, and Facebook's functionality was all over the place prior to that.

bartkusa
Sep 25, 2005

Air, Fire, Earth, Hope
I just got a new tablet PC with multitouch. Is there any way to configure Opera to treat touch inputs as "pan," and pen gestures as "select text"? I haven't had to muck with Opera inputs much before....

bartkusa
Sep 25, 2005

Air, Fire, Earth, Hope

Wheany posted:

"ctrl + alt + mouse" when using Opera, that could work as well.

NFX posted:

It would probably be best to use Wheany's suggestion above, but there's a way to make Opera treat all "mouse drags" as panning. If you add a new toolbar button (right click -> Customize -> Appearance -> Buttons tab) it's under "Browser View", called Text Selection On/Off. You'd still have to press it in order to manually switch between the modes, though.

You could also set a keyboard shortcut or mouse gesture to:
code:
Disable Text Selection Mode | Enable Text Selection Mode
This will make it toggle between on and off.

These are good ideas. I didn't even know there was a Text Select button now.

It's a shame there's no "inertia" when dragging, but this is still awesome. Thanks!

EDIT: Gesture-toggle works like a charm.

bartkusa fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 14, 2010

bartkusa
Sep 25, 2005

Air, Fire, Earth, Hope

Mithaldu posted:

Opera 11 is a step backwards in performance for me. Trying to start it with a session of 94 tabs makes it outright crash reliably and repeatedly, though luckily loading the session later manually still works.

I think you're not a typical use case.

This calls for an entirely different UI approach.

bartkusa
Sep 25, 2005

Air, Fire, Earth, Hope
And gestures are extremely useful on tablets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartkusa
Sep 25, 2005

Air, Fire, Earth, Hope
Interesting.

If you go to Preferences in the beta and try to delete some HTML5 local storage, the selected element in the list is not the deleted element!