Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tismondo
Dec 14, 2005

Take that, subspace!

AzraelNewtype posted:

So, you know that thing where the forums get stuck on element N/N every page? I hadn't had that in ages on Opera 9, but switching to 10 alpha brought it back, and I don't remember what you're supposed to do about it since it's been so long since I cared.

Also, this is a much weirder bug, a few sites have a habit of disappearing completely on load, and unfortunately gmail is one of them. Has anybody encountered this and have any ideas about it?

Edit: Similarly, Megaupload pages won't work, as the download button does not pop up after the timer reaches zero. Also, images that are hidden by javascript powered folds don't show up when summoned, though this may be an older bug. I love Opera for many things, but oh man do I hate it for some.
I think Opera 10 is a lot more finnicky about which browser you're identifying yourself as using. Half the websites I use now break if I change it to identify as Firefox. I discovered this because I NEVER identify as Firefox, but happened to do so recently while testing... and everything broke and I couldn't put 2 and 2 together as to why. I eventually figured out it's because I forgot to reset my "Identify as" setting. Worth checking, anyway!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tismondo
Dec 14, 2005

Take that, subspace!

Sergeant Hobo posted:

Huh, I didn't even see an option for separators before. I've always been getting by with having them in alphabetical order but I might just try these things sometime.
And I've always been getting by with having them in separate labeled folders... but putting them in folders made using the bookmarks menu item annoying, and when using the bookmarks panel the links were displayed indented a few pixels off the edge of the window (a la windows explorer)

Now they're no longer indented on the panel - which saves me some screen real estate. (Also - bookmarks panel + F4 shortcut rules)

Cheers for bringing this to my attention, Zuffox!

tismondo
Dec 14, 2005

Take that, subspace!
Unless my time conversion is off, the "webcast" for whatever cryptic thing they're launching on the opera.com/freedom website at 9am CEDT should be starting in 10 minutes...

I'm reluctant to pop popcorn.

tismondo
Dec 14, 2005

Take that, subspace!
I think what they've bothered creating for the platform so far is - even by their own admission - lame and already available on the internet.

I think the idea is that they came up with a platform that they want to grow into something else that could be revolutionary. If I'm understanding it right, they want it to be a web-based p2p EVERYTHING. The problem is they didn't come up with any ideas for it, they just created the platform and a bunch of preexisting features available elsewhere and said, "here, you guys do all the work"

Definitely not ground-breaking in its current form, has potential so I'll lay off passing judgment.

edit: They talk a lot about it here http://labs.opera.com/news/2009/06/16/

tismondo fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jun 16, 2009

tismondo
Dec 14, 2005

Take that, subspace!

NashAsh posted:

What urlfilter.ini (adblock) list are people using?

When I use the list from http://www.fanboy.co.nz/adblock/ almost all pages from SA don't load fully and it always says Elements: 0/0 in the progress bar. Is there a list that's less aggressive or is there some entry in the list that I can delete?
I'm using the ini you mentioned along with the most current build of Opera 10 with no problems whatsoever - SA loads fine and it blocks most everything I'd want it to. I just add more to it when I come across something horribly annoying.

What version of Opera are you using?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tismondo
Dec 14, 2005

Take that, subspace!
Is it just me or is Opera extension development really underwhelming? In 10 months there are well less than 1000 available and so few of them are real standouts.

The original promise was that the Opera extension apk is similar to Chrome's so porting them would be simple. But none of the great Chrome extensions have been ported because, frankly, no one developing for Chrome seems to give a crap about Opera.

If Opera really wants to make these extensions shine they might have to piggyback on Chrome's success a bit more and work to make them more interoperable (the way many greasemonkey scripts work in userJS.)