Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lasek
Apr 22, 2006

dividebyzero posted:

I'm trying to get my sister into nursing, but she fails at the internet and doesn't know how to look poo poo up.

I'd like to know what the educational path is, specifically:

-How involved is an ADN program? Credit-wise, course load, number of semesters to complete?

-Summer internships? I had no idea they even had these for nursing. Are they paid? Are they arranged like other internships; the best ones being apportioned based on academic performance?

-Suppose she wanted to be a Nurse Anesthesiologist. Starting with an ADN, what would be the best way for her to go afterwards (barring the Army)?

-Speaking of the military or psuedo-military organizations; are there any sort of tuition repayment programs offered by the Federal government for, say, working in rural/disadvantaged areas and such? I specifically had the Public Health Service in mind, but could not find any details about such offerings.

My older sister did nursing, is one of the smartest people I've encountered, and had to sacrifice her social life for 4 years to do this.

If your sister won't even look up the educational path on the internet, and if you need to "get her into" an educational path and do her research for her, I think she should look into something else. I hear Wal Mart has openings....?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU