Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Anyone have experience with Sony SS-4200 speakers? I can't find much via google, mostly just sales of others. From what I can tell, they're from the 70's. They're cheap at a local goodwill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

BigFactory posted:

I don’t like Sony speakers as a rule, but that’s really colored by 90’s Sony stuff. I’d take a chance on almost anything 70’s Sony if the price is right.

polyester concept posted:

thrift store rules for vintage electronics: if it's heavy and not damaged beyond reason, buy it.

Thanks! I'll go back and try to find them. They were pretty heavy.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I picked up a Sony STR-D315 receiver last summer from a goodwill. I tested it when I got home and it worked fine. It powers on fine now but there's no sound/it's very faint. I took it apart and got some pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/U77bgyM

Is there anything obvious that is wrong with it? I know these are common and not worth much but I thought it might be fun to try to fix it.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Hello!

I've been tasked with helping my friend fix a vintage turntable. It's a Technics SL-B3. At the very least, it needs a new belt. Where would I find a new belt and other compatible parts? Is there anything else we should replace while we're refurbing it?