Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

Aeka 2.0 posted:

so how does one clean them at home?

woodglue..

seriously http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99837

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

I'm pretty sure I scored at the goodwill yesterday. Got a Pioneer sx-650 for $35, the only thing wrong with it is the balance knob is a little scratchy. Sounds incredible hooked up to my JBL D38 speakers.

*sorry about the dark picture*

Veeb0rg fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 20, 2014

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

TooLShack posted:

Awesome man, good to see more people saving these things from the dump. Now go get a can of deoxit and clean it up, find a good turntable and go play some records.

I have a Kenwood turntable, but its a more modern one, it does the job but I'm always on the look out for a nice vintage one.

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

Might have a line on an Technics sl-1650 turntable for $75, any opinions?

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

BigFactory posted:

Price seems 'about right'-to-bargain territory, especially if it comes with a cartridge, dust cover is in good shape, etc.

Dust cover looks in good shape, there is a head on the tone arm, no idea on cart condition though.

Would be considered an upgrade to my current Kenwood kd-42rb, right?

Veeb0rg fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 24, 2014

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

Found a bit of an odd thing at Goodwill the other day. Its a Plexus Audio System box. There is nothing I've been able to find online about this company. Its possibly a phono preamp of some sort.

Its the same as http://www.tmraudio.com/product/undefined-373

Anyone here have any info on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

Kind of a long shot but does anyone have a p mount cartridge that's functional but worn and were going to toss? I've got a technics turn table I got for cheap and would like to know it works before I purchase a new cartridge for it.