Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

Owsla posted:

Nice choice. I'm beyond pleased with my 1200/Shure m97xe cart for listening duty and I'm just trying to stop buying records long enough to afford some mods for it.

I'll probably pick up the KAB tonearm fluid damper eventually, it seems like a really great idea and I've read nothing but great reviews.

I have this eact setup hooked up to my Denon AVR and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I calibrated it per the manual, exchanged the cartidge twice, but I still get this warbling sound whenever I try to play a record. Any record.

I can't explain it beyond that, a warbling sound. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Is there any place I can take this thing to get it to work? I just want to listen to old records :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

Owsla posted:

Have you checked the cartridge alignment? It can be very tricky to get right, you may want to buy (or print) a nice cartridge protractor or take it to a place and have them do it for you.

If you're sure the alignment is dead on you could try swapping receivers to make sure your Denon's phono stage is working correctly.

Thanks, I'll try this when I get home. I didn't even think to align the cartridge beyond the base install and subsequent calibration.