Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Anyway what's the rarest release in your collections?

If we're talking specific editions mine would be Soundtracks for the Blind box set painted by Jarboe. Every one she does is different and she posts pictures of them on her website. When I bought it I also specifically requested she sign it to me personally so that's super cool.

If we're talking more generally it's probably Qujaku's self titled album. Discogs is showing 91 other users with this record in their collection. Super awesome psych/drone/noise rock/post-rock group, check out their band camp if that sounds like your cup of tea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

Listerine posted:

Oh that's cool, I missed out on her doing that. Did you pay the $300 for the set or send her your own boxes? I used to stay current with Jarboe but at some point I got dropped from her mailing list and now she just pumps out too many editions and rough sounding recordings, I can't keep up and the quality I think has kinda declined.

I managed to snag mine, box set included, when she was selling them for 160 which was a total steal. I guess she eventually realized that she was not charging enough.

For what it's worth her newest album Illusory is consistently good, if you were a fan in the past it's definitely worth checking out. It got a vinyl pressing too.