Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tulenian
Sep 15, 2007

Getting my 'burg on.
So, Alli woke up today and found something new in the house.

Wait, what's that in here?

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Well, this is quite odd, did they get me a new cage?

No, it's a NEW PUPPY!

She was a little scared at first, but once she realized there was another corgi in the house, the two went outside and ran around playing with each other for an hour. When we grabbed the camera, they stopped to pose.

More pictures coming later from our new adorable addition.

Tulenian fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 19, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulenian
Sep 15, 2007

Getting my 'burg on.
Cutest picture ever of Snaps after a romp outside!

Tulenian
Sep 15, 2007

Getting my 'burg on.
Got a video of our two cute puppies playing around and mackin. The one growling is Snaps, the 4 month old. They do this all the time. Snaps is just so vocal while Allie tends to be quiet.
http://vimeo.com/4175984

Tulenian
Sep 15, 2007

Getting my 'burg on.
Fun with stencils!

Click here for the full 1951x1569 image.

Lu lu lu is working on the actual painted version, so expect a picture of that to show up later.

Tulenian
Sep 15, 2007

Getting my 'burg on.

warwick5s posted:

sup ya'll

Get your hands off me you drat dirty corgis!

Tulenian
Sep 15, 2007

Getting my 'burg on.
Yo mang, thanks for cleaning this off. I think I'll claim it as my day-bed.

Tulenian
Sep 15, 2007

Getting my 'burg on.

Miss Indy posted:

I'm really wanting to go but I've heard horror stories of the trainers there beating dogs with the herding canes. Just make sure they know not to touch your dog unless it's actively like.. ripping a sheep apart or something.

Yeah... that's one thing that really bothered me. If they had smacked Pip or Snaps I think we would have left immediately. There were definitely some other dogs there that they smacked, and it made me have second thoughts about going back.

Tulenian
Sep 15, 2007

Getting my 'burg on.

C-Euro posted:

I don't know what's going on there, but I guess it's bad? I'm sorry :( I feel kind of bad now because I wanted to post some dog park pictures from a couple weeks ago.

Vet says Pip has some hip dysplasia in one of his hips. We're meeting with the surgeon next Tuesday to discuss how bad it is and what his options are.

We need more corgi pictures, so post away!

Tulenian
Sep 15, 2007

Getting my 'burg on.
I'm not sure about your vet, but our vet is usually more than happy to answer general questions like this over the phone. The advice tends to usually be wait for a week, and see if it gets better. If not, bring them in for a check up.

It's possible he might have torn or pulled a muscle. I know some tears require surgery but have no clue how to tell the difference between the ones that do and the ones that don't.

Tulenian
Sep 15, 2007

Getting my 'burg on.

Cissa posted:

Does anyone have experience with Shelties? I currently have a two-year-old Sheltie and I would love to get her a sibling. She gets along really well with two Corgis in the neighborhood, but that is no indicator of how they would live together.

On one hand I'm worried about omgexcitementenergy from both of them, but Pepper is really laid back. Is she likely to rub off on a Corgi, or is the Corgi excitement more likely to rub off on her?

One of my co-workers has a shelty and a corgi. The corgi basically is owner of the house and occasionally puts the shelty in her place. They said they've had to separate them a few times, but the corgi has really bad protective issues around what he considers his home, and he was around first, so if you get a corgi it would probably be OK but you'd just have to look out for dominance issues.

Some corgis (like the couple we have) are super friendly around other dogs. It really just depends on the particular corgi :)

Tulenian
Sep 15, 2007

Getting my 'burg on.

londerwost posted:

I should really find out about these meet ups. I'm sure Josie would be stoked to run around with dogs her size.

Corgi's R Us - Kirkland is the one we occasionally go to: http://www.meetup.com/corgi-102/

Tulenian
Sep 15, 2007

Getting my 'burg on.
drat, saw this too late! We need to get a Washington area corgi meetup going, as there seem to be quite a few of us up here now. Maybe going to Magnessun or Marymoor parks?

Tulenian
Sep 15, 2007

Getting my 'burg on.
We're up for whenever as well.

BTW - Anyone who's interested we'll be driving over to Marymoor tomorrow and roaming around 1 PM. If you want to join us just look for the crazy tiny talkative tricolored cardigan and the slightly larger chunky black and white lazy butt trying to scam pets out of anything that looks at him. If you're planning on showing up just post and we'll hang out at the entrance for a few extra minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulenian
Sep 15, 2007

Getting my 'burg on.
Corgis have such a huge variance between dogs. We have one insanely crazy but passes out when you're not paying attention to her corgi, and the other is usually awake but is content to lay about and ask for nothing more than constant pets. If you happen to get the former as your first dog and don't have time to play with them they can go a little crazy and start acting out.

• Locked thread