Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MoCookies
Apr 22, 2005

Congrats on your new puppy! I'd suggest getting a good sized exercise pen for the pup. An x-pen can give the pup some room to run about, but still gives you the piece of mind that the pup isn't ruining your house while your back is turned. It doesn't replace crating, but can be a good solution for those times when you'd rather the pup not be crated, but you're too busy to tether or give 100% supervision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoCookies
Apr 22, 2005

Wonder Bra posted:

Corwin's first birthday is coming up and I want to make him a dog cake. How can I do this thing for him? He gets more awesome every day, but drat does he talk a lot. He also can run really fast and jump like a maniac off two legs for his ball. His quads are freaking ripped. He is also HUGENORMOUS. I weighed him today: 31 lbs and ain't no fat on him. More pics forthcoming!

My dogs go nuts for sweet potatoes & butternut squash (and a lot of other random vegetables). You could roast a few, then mush it up enough, maybe with some oatmeal, to make a "cake". The squash is really unlikely to upset Corwin's stomach, since it's basically the same thing as pumpkin and is chock full of fiber.

I'm going to make that "frosty paws" concoction for my mutts sometime too. They'd totally be into it, I'm sure, especially if I use lots of bananas (which they think are just giant dog treats).

MoCookies
Apr 22, 2005

Puppy agility classes were so much fun, and FAR more interesting than the obedience classes. Did it with my Beagle pup around 8 months old, and had a blast. We also tried agility with my next puppy, and Nellie (my BC mix) was doing the dog walk and teeter with confidence at about 12 weeks old. I had hoped she'd be my little agility champion, but it didn't really work out in the long run because she hates being around new dogs, new people, and new situations. BUT agility training was perfect for wearing out a smart, athletic puppy and developing a solid working relationship. Hopefully someday I'll have the time and the right dog for agility. I'm in love with all the Cardigan Corgis in this thread.

• Locked thread