Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
I used to work for a company with an idiot IT manager. He made decisions based off magazines he read. Put a system admin in place that didn't know ANYTHING except reboot when the server is on the fritz.

His best achievement .... changing policies for every person in the office. One person could do this, then the next time no they couldn't, then the next person yes, then no, yes, no, yes, no.

I quit, then later he got fired. I hated that place working under him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Richard Noggin posted:

Our management software (Kaseya) tells us the last time a system was rebooted, so I can easily catch those users.

Or open task manager and check how long processes have been running (you need to show that column, CPU Time).