Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Jo
Jan 24, 2005

:allears:
Soiled Meat

amerrykan posted:

Technicians who insert carriage returns
into their case notes rather than just
letting the field word wrap, and you can
tell just how big their input field is.
I wonder if they sometimes try to go too
far, see the text wrap to the next line,
backspace it, press enter, and then
continue on.

I'll one up that. Our webmail application automatically INSERTS returns at the border of the input field. Makes me want to stab the people that built it. Better yet, if someone responds, the auto inserted '>'s will sometimes push the line past the edge

>> resulting in return mail that
> looks
>> something like this thing. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

:allears:
Soiled Meat

UserNotFound posted:

Unix announcement:
The account IDIOT has been disabled on the UNIX side for intentionally abusive behavior (intentionally consuming memory on lore).

Purdue University?

The operating systems project a few weeks back had a habit of forking uncontrollably under the right circumstances.

EDIT: Erik The Red. :argh: