Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowculator
Jul 19, 2006
How do I get iTunes to distinguish between two albums with the same title? I have two albums called "Let It Be," one by the Beatles and one by the Replacements. I'd like them to show up separately in my album list so I can select just one and play it, but unless I rename one of the albums I get both of them together as soon as I click on the title, and there has to be a way around this that doesn't involve creating separate playlists for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowculator
Jul 19, 2006

Grayham posted:

Set the "Album Artist" tag.

There's still only one "Let It Be" on my album list after I do this.

Cowculator
Jul 19, 2006

thegloaming posted:

I'm sure there's a better option, but how about naming one album "Let it Be"?

Album names are case-insensitive, so the entry in the album list changed to "Let it Be" but clicking on that still gives me both albums.

Cowculator
Jul 19, 2006

thegloaming posted:

2) select all the tracks in one album, get info, and check "Part of a compilation" under the "Options" tab. repeat for the other album.
This doesn't work, and has the added effect of moving those mp3s out of their artists' respective directories.

thegloaming posted:

1) change the "sort album" setting for both
I changed these to "Let It Be (Beatles)" and "Let It Be (Replacements)," respectively. It left all of the files in place and both continue to show up as "Let It Be" in iTunes, but now there's a separate "Let It Be" entry in the album list for each one. Thanks!