Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006
Better to Reign in Hell...

TACD posted:

I've come to the conclusion that I'm pretty much done with iTunes Match - of the three main benefits I wanted from it, 1) Having access to all my music everywhere, 2) Having all my music upgraded to higher quality, and 3) Having all my tags sorted out for me, it only does two of the three and only 1 is an ongoing benefit.

And even that is dubious since the times I'm likely to want a lot of music (e.g. such as going on a long flight) I have to make preparations ahead of time since inevitably my phone will have helpfully erased all the mixsets I downloaded onto it last time, which it then won't let me download over 3G despite having unlimited data.

It also annoys me I can't change my iTunes store region with a Match subscription :mad:

How's your internet connection at home? Would something like Subsonic be a valid option for you? Might not have all the bells/whistles of Match, but might work for your purposes, if you point it at your iTunes music directory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006
Better to Reign in Hell...

Wario In Real Life posted:

Doing it this way should override the iTunes' weird database method, but if you're still having problems there should be a "Clear downloaded artwork" option on the right click menu (select the entire album) and then import your own artwork the same way you have been.

I wish there was a tool to do this that would also put the image IN the album folder.

I use foobar for main playback/Subsonic for streaming, but iTunes for library management. I hate not having album art in my folders/showing up in foobar/subsonic.