Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I have a lot of music on an external HDD, but I'm tired of having songs in my library that don't work and are flagged as "missing" - especially when I rarely listen to it.

Is there a way to prune all the missing files on Windows? They have to be played to get flagged as missing, I believe, so the prospect of manually flagging and deleting them seems impossible right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Clearly everyone has dealt with having to move their iTunes collection from one Windows installation to another, but with a billion different guides out there and a billion updates to iTunes since, is that a THE Guide for doing this?

So far, I'm just copying the whole Music folder in Windows.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
iTunes wiped my entire library, possibly because my Apple Music sub ended?(!)

Anyway, is there a way to restore my library without downloading everything? I just want to stream my purchases, not download them and take up space on my HDD.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I’ve never done this because it doesn’t sound worth the hassle, but does someone has a decent workflow for redeeming iTunes code for other country stores? I buy a lot of movies from Amazon UK because of their earlier release date, which means I can’t use the redemption codes.

I prefer to watch them on Blu-ray/UHD, but it obviously wouldn’t hurt to also have them in iTunes.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

IUG posted:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208075

Apple is starting to strip things out of iTunes to help optimize it? And there's FLAC support in iOS 11? What is happening?
You can't buy books from iTunes anymore, which really sucks - especially for Windows users.

"Stripping" stuff out is nice and all, but it's really dumb to see them push it to iOS.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Thwomp posted:

Except who is really using iTunes to actually read their books? I'd love to see the actual statistic but I bet it's in the single digit percentages at most.
Not for reading, buying.

Reading iBooks at work can be p decent, but that's macOS only.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Are iBooks epubs just straight up done for Windows users now?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Are there any good Overcast cross-apps for macOS and Windows? I am so goddamn sick and tired of iTunes, and it's not like an Electron app is going to be a downgrade.

There are just fifty trillion Electron apps with like ten stars on GitHub, and I don't want to commit to some dude's weird hobby project.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Anya posted:

Are there any other better ways to download my iCloud library to my MBA other than individually click on each file I want/all the music?
Under Purchased at the bottom of the iTunes Store in the Music category, you can see a slightly more navigable overview of your music to help you pick out what you want.

Automatic Downloads only works for future purchases I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Yeah it's effectively not there.

I also turned on the feature where your Mac is supposed to download all software updates and seed them to your household's devices, but that doesn't seem to work either.