Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Anyone have advice on a program I can use to get my songs off an old iPhone? I have a bunch of MP3s from old CDs on my last iPhone, but since I bought a new phone and computer (and trusted the Apple Store folks to use the iCloud backup to move stuff to the new phone, rather than using a hard backup...) I don't have the songs on either new device. I know I could just dig up my old laptop and do some magic with a library transfer, but I'm only 75% sure I can find both that laptop and a working power cable, whereas I 100% have the old phone and a USB cable for it.

(I tried using iExplorer's free mode and just accepting that it'll take me a week of 10 songs at a time, 1 transfer per minute, when I remember to alt-tab and load a new transfer) but iExplorer decided to gently caress up the transfer and move the first 15 seconds of every song to the end of the song. So that's out. And I didn't want to pay $40 to get all the songs.

EDIT: It looks like Sharepod has done what I need. Hopefully no problems!

EDIT 2: poo poo, it locks me at 50 song transfers if I don't pay. Bah.

Arcturas fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Apr 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Thanks. That's much better once I figured out where music files are stored.