Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rison
Apr 17, 2001
Just another retarded strawberry pancake
Is there a way (in Windows) to get a smart playlist of all albums/tracks that don't have any album art?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rison
Apr 17, 2001

boscokitty posted:

I found this a couple of years ago, it does work - http://forums.ilounge.com/archive/index.php/t-163012.html

Save the code on that page as an .hta file - when you run it, it gives you the option to make a playlist of things with no album art, a playlist of things with no lyrics, or a playlist of "one hit wonders," when you only have one track by an artist. (obviously iTunes needs to be running when you run this script)

I don't recommend using the EvilLyrics lyric importer in this script, it locks up.

Thanks, that works great. I had assumes there was no way to do this.

And another small question: Does iTunes support/display synced lyrics and where is a good place to get them?

Rison
Apr 17, 2001
drat, iTunes needs to finally integrate folder watching. I don't want to have my folders renamed and restructured, just add new files to the library. How hard would that be?

I'm currently using iTunes Library Updater (iTLU), which is doing a fine job, I guess, but first, it hasn't been updated in ages, and second, why do I have to use two apps?

Rison
Apr 17, 2001

IUG posted:

If you're on a Mac:

You could either use Automator to add them, or maybe even a Folder Action (I'm not super sure on what those do).

Sorry for not specifying--I'm running Windows XP.

Rison
Apr 17, 2001
I'm trying to set up iTunes to use the same library and files on two computers. I already have one library on my desktop PC, which I want to continue using. Now, I want to be able to play and edit files from that library on my laptop and also any changes I make to the libary (editing tags) to carry over. Running Widows XP, by the way.

Here's how I want to do it:
1. Map existing music folder (C:\Music) to drive via subst (subst M: C:\Music)
2. Share new drive M: in the network
3. Share iTunes library file
4. Open library file in laptop's iTunes
5. Edit/play/whatever on laptop
6. Changes carry over

Now, some questions:
1. Will this work?
2. How do I not lose playcounts etc. in my existing desktop library and still make the library point to the newly mapped M: drive instead of the C:\Music folder?

EDIT: I think this is not working. Step 2 is already giving me troubles because I get an error when trying to share the drive.

Rison fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Apr 1, 2009

Rison
Apr 17, 2001
When I am viewing playlists in the view that has a grid of small cover art, scrolling with the mouse wheel (one "click" of the wheel) will scroll down so much that it skips one row of albums completely. Is there a way to change that or does anyone have that problem at all? It's petty but it annoys the crap out of me. I always have to click on iTunes's scroll arrows to go down JUST ONE row.

EDIT: Apparently changing scroll wheel settings in the Windows control panel makes this go away. I thought this was an iTunes-specific problem, oh well.

Rison fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jul 27, 2009

Rison
Apr 17, 2001

aneurysm posted:

Is there any way to get iTunes to refresh the library without giving up control of your organization to the program? I can't stand the way iTunes organizes files, so I have to turn that off, but that means I am constantly ending up with broken links or music that never makes it to my iTunes library.

I think it has been mentioned before, but iTLU is perfect for this. It will scan specific folders for new music files and also orphaned entries in your library. It's not being updated as far as I know but it still works (I hope they never break its funtionality).

http://itlu.ownz.ch/wordpress/?page_id=5

It's Windows-only, though.

Rison
Apr 17, 2001
Is there a (Windows) shortcut for canceling your current search filter when browsing iTunes? I'm talking about the equivalent of hitting the little x in the top right search box.

PS: Folder watch is the poo poo (if you are willing to let iTunes take over your folder structure).

Rison
Apr 17, 2001

Thwomp posted:

Anyone think the new iTunes Extras feature could lead to allowing users to rip DVDs into iTunes? I know the MPAA is still against DVD ripping (unlike the music industry now) but with iTunes now offering what is essentially a digital dvd, what are the chances we'll get a rip DVD feature like we have rip CD now?

From my rudimentary understanding, it's very unlikely because circumventing DVD copy protection is officially illegal in some countries and therefore not something Apple would want to be associated with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rison
Apr 17, 2001

Nofehr posted:

In iTunes9, when i do shuffle by album now, albums with more than one disc (the id3 tag disc) disregard the disc number. So it will start of with disc 2 track 1 then go to disc 1 track 1, etc...

any fixes for this?

I've always tended to tag the album name as "Whatever CD1" and "Whatever CD2" since iTunes seems to pretty much ignore the disc no. tag anyway. I mean, there's no easy way to select an album and choose to play only disc 2, so I just split them up.