Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah that's how it works. I still feel like there has to be a faster way than iTunes making another copy though. Maybe iTunes 11 will change it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Is it this?

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/itunes_enabling_show_in_itunes_library

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Collias posted:

Anyone know if there's a way to bring back the length of tracks in the status bar, specifically for podcasts? I'm ocd about syncing podcasts and like to see how many episodes I'll be listening at work within the span of x hours.

edit: It looks like it was only removed for podcasts, the one thing I use itunes for. Good. I'm sure Apple created a lot of nerd rage with this.

I'm not sure what you mean. I still see the length of tracks on podcasts.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The closest thing you can do is browse by "songs" and also go to View - Show Sidebar. I haven't figured out the album art thing yet.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Tenterhooks posted:

I noticed that the Column Browser had more options than before and was clicking around, turning things on and off. I turned on 'categories' and found that only 1 song was assigned one. Trying to tidy this up, I went into 'get info' and hunted around for the field. Can't find it. Am I missing something?

Appears to be for podcasts? I don't think you can edit that info.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They probably don't have the data saying they are Movies or TV shows. It's going to be in your music list then, just sort by recently added and they should be there.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm curious about which podcast? Do they not have an RSS feed on their site?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

How do I add a playlist of songs to my iOS devices? When i try to drag them the little window pane doesn't slide out like it does when just transferring songs or albums.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I can't do anything. I'm looking at the "Recently Added" playlist so that I can transfer the last few albums I added. I'm trying to drag the songs individually and it doesn't transfer anything. I can't just drag and drop the playlist icon either like I did in iTunes 10. I have to go into Album view or something else to transfer the songs.

Edit: It works if I un-hide the Sidebar.The Devices window doesn't slide out when I try to drag it when I hide the Sidebar.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's happened to me in like 10.4 or 10.5 before.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Right click the songs - get info - artwork

Delete the old ones.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What happens if you right click an aac file and then "open with iTunes?"

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Unhide the sidebar (view - show sidebar) and then drag the folder of music onto the iPod icon there.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If you click on the album artwork another windows pops up where you can seek.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hotwax Residue posted:

Simple. Just click and drag toward the right side, a sidebar will automatically pop out and then you can drop the file straight onto your iPod.

I can't do this with playlists for some reason. I can everything except playlists because nothing pops out from the side. iTunes 11 has a lot of fuckups right now.

I just have the sidebar showing right now and it works fine through that.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

View - Show Status Bar

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

How do I remove the arrow?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I redownloaded an album I bought in 2005 (with DRM) last week and it still has the DRM on it right now. Made me log in and authorize before it could let me play it and says 1/5 machine licenses are being used.

That iTunes Plus upgrade was definitely a feature before. It was like 30cents a song.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I just re-downloaded a Stereolab album and it still has DRM and it's 128k AAC protected. Same with a Belle and Sebastian album :(

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

No i bought them when they had DRM and didn't ever upgrade. Someone earlier said it might be free now.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's not true with the 4 albums I redownloaded. You just get the DRM version again.

I see the albums available in the iTunes Store but I have to buy them again if I want higher quality and DRM free. Has it worked for anyone else? The guy in the article said it worked on half his songs.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 21, 2013

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I use Song view. Scrolling is slow in the other modes and Song view most resembles how I used iTunes 10 and it's the quickest to navigate.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

iTunes keeps doing this for the same 1800 files every time. Is there any way to stop this? I let it run its course but nope it does it again the next time I launch.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

mfny posted:

So I have an issue with a recent iTunes movie purchase.

When playing the movie the "menu" of the movie (i.e for the iTunes extras) flashes intermittently on the screen.

Anyone know what is up with this ?

I'm curious: does this happen on the downloaded version and the streaming version?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Howard Phillips posted:

Apple is moving decommissioning iTunes and replacing them with 3 different apps. What's gonna happen to Windows iTunes users who have Apple products?

iTunes was a bloated piece of poo poo even on Mac OS. I'm glad they are getting rid of it. The Windows people will just get a bunch of separate apps now. Apparently the iTunes stuff will stick around for a while though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/06/answers-to-some-of-your-itunes-questions-old-libraries-windows-and-more/

This answers most of the iTunes worries. Turns out for Windows they will just leave iTunes alone and they have no plans to bring the new stuff over.