Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilted Yaksman
Sep 25, 2003

Mom's Apple Lie posted:

I am freaking out here and need some help ...
If it's just a logic board problem, and not anything wrong with your hard drive, I'd say remove the hard drive from the iBook and put it in an enclosure (you can get one for $10-$20) and access your files that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilted Yaksman
Sep 25, 2003

functional posted:

If I see a song that I like, and I want to play the entire album it's from, how do I do that? Is the shortest way to go to the "Album" listbox and select the corresponding album? I would like to be able to right click a song and choose "Play this album" or "Show all songs by this artist."
option-click the arrows that show up next to the selected track
http://mac.elated.com/2008/10/02/how-to-turn-off-itunes-8s-store-arrows

quote:

Option-click a track name column or album column arrow to get a list of all tracks in an album; Option-click an artist column arrow to view all tracks by an artist.

Kilted Yaksman
Sep 25, 2003

Zwabu, create the playlists on the computer that serves the music. You should then be able to see those playlists on the clients by expanding the triangle next to that library name (it probably wont appear if the server has no playlists). I found this screenshot on GIS that might help...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kilted Yaksman
Sep 25, 2003

I've noticed that when I download a podcast on my iphone, artwork shows up, but not for episodes that I download on my computer and then sync over. I've tried deleting and resubscribing to the podcast, but the same thing happens. Has anybody else had this happen before or know how to fix it?

Kilted Yaksman
Sep 25, 2003

SFrost007 posted:

At the moment it says 862 albums, which is correct as everything in my library is a complete album. If I import 500 individual tracks off different albums, I don't want it to say I have 1362 albums, or likewise insert all these into the "Albums" view on my devices. You're right though, single tracks look fine in the other (list) view.
I put all my tracks that aren't from complete albums in a playlist called "single tracks", then make a smart-playlist called "complete albums" that match files where "playlist is not 'single tracks'"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilted Yaksman
Sep 25, 2003

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

That should solve most of your music problems, leaving only the fact that iTunes doesn't "watch" folders.
Actually, it does. The iTunes folder contains an "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder, which it watches, and moves anything compatible into place based on tags.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3832