Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Casao posted:

So, without creating a new playlist, how do I get it to play just the title track of an album? If I search for the name, it shows and plays the whole album.

Click the spy glass in the search box, pick Song, search

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

darnzen posted:

Does anyone know if there's anything nefarious about the new Genius feature? I panicked when it said it was going to send my library info to apple and hit cancel. See, while I legally purchase most of my music off of iTunes, I used to strip the DRM off the files because I hate the idea of buying, but not really owning the music.

Anyway, what kind of info does it send?

As far as people know, it sends Apple info on what your collection is so they can look at what you like as a whole and compare it to others. So if 90% of people like two bands together, and you look up info on one of them, it'll suggest the other. Apple states that they tie no personal data to this info whatsoever.

It should just be sending tag info.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Stealthgerbil posted:

Is there an easy way to make itunes not chug like a dieing cow if you have a large amount of music?

Are you on Windows or Mac, how much ram do you have, and how much music do you consider large?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

What's the proper way use utilize Artist, Album Artist, and Sort Artist together? I have a lot of DJ mixes where i think knowing this would be handy.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

pokeyman posted:

(If you're willing to make a playlist and set your iPod to automatically sync with that playlist, you could probably get it to pick up on-device play counts and ratings.)

This is a better choice anyway, because it lets you edit the items you want imported without actually plugging in your iPod. This way you can change things whenever you think of them and then sync before you go places or whatever.