Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
I currently have my Itunes library on my Win7 PC, organised by iTunes.

I want to move it to my NAS. I know that if I change the location in iTunes, it will move it all across for me,

However, I already have a copy of the library on the NAS that I copied manually (with syncback).

If I were to tell iTunes to move the library to the location on the NAS where the duplicate library exists, will it be a quick copy (i.e. iTunes sees that the track already exists in the right location and skips the copy process)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

binarysmurf posted:

I wouldn't assume this. Why not simply delete your manual copy and get iTunes to do the move?

Two reasons:

1) I was hoping to save having to transfer 160GB over to the NAS - especially since I've already done it once
2) I've seen a couple of rumours that suggest the move isn't always seamless and it seems that the quicker it is, the safer it is

spog
Aug 7, 2004

IUG posted:

I want to say you just move the library, change the setting in iTunes, and then when it first complains that it can't find the first song, you locate it. After you locate it, it fixes for the rest of the library as well. I'm pretty sure I did something exactly like this once.

oh yes, clever!

I've done this in the past, too. Now you have reminded me.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Skilleddk posted:

Could not restore because there is not enough space :suicide:

There's literally nothing on the phone that takes any space

edit: looks like this

as I said, no photos, apps, music, nothing on the phone. iphone 4s in case it matters

That big chunk of yellow is your music. It's just your phone doesnt recognise it as music cause the music database is screwed up.
and cos of that, iTunes doesn't recognise it as music either.

http://www.techradar.com/downloads/sharepod get Sharepod. Grab all the music it finds on your phone can copy to your computer.
Import all into itunes (making sure itunes is set to 'copy' the music and 'organise' your library)
Use a file explorer and delete that big chunk of yellow
sync phone with itunes

spog
Aug 7, 2004

My Itunes (on Win10) has started adding track numbers to the title of imported songs

After a bit of a gently caress-up, I had to reimport all my music library from my iTunes-managed library into a fresh install.

About 10% of the albums will use the file name for the track name - and as iTunes added track numbers to the files when moving/managing them, I have albums where each song name has an '01', 02' prefix.

Here's the odd part: checking the metadata in Windows (also MusicBrainz) shows that the song name is correctly written to the 'Title' field. Deleting and reimporting the album shows the same issue

WTF?