Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
Just upgraded to 11 yesterday, now every time I plug my phone in to charge I've got to wait 30 seconds while itunes stops to think about it. I finally got it to stop opening itunes automatically when I plugged in, but now I want it to completely ignore my iphone, if possible, and I can't find anything in the settings. How?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

jackpot posted:

Just upgraded to 11 yesterday, now every time I plug my phone in to charge I've got to wait 30 seconds while itunes stops to think about it. I finally got it to stop opening itunes automatically when I plugged in, but now I want it to completely ignore my iphone, if possible, and I can't find anything in the settings. How?
Ok, this has gotten even more obnoxious, partly due to a frayed charging cable that cuts out occasionally. Now I keep getting the message "iTunes could not connect to this iphone. This device is no longer connected." I know, so stop trying to connect! How can I tell itunes to just completely ignore my iphone? When my iphone's connected to this computer, the only thing I want it doing is charging, nothing else. Is that possible?

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

I've been using iTunes Match for long enough that I no longer have the computer with the mp3 library that I started with. So if I want to add some mp3s - not bought through itunes - to my Match library, how do I do that? I've got an old hard drive with music on it that I'd forgotten about - if I just drag those files into itunes will those songs be available on all my devices?

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

That's awesome, thanks.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

I've got a few hundred artists, and approximately ten of them have pictures here; it's mostly just microphone icons all the way down. I see no rhyme or reason for what gives an artist a photo as opposed to the icon, except in most cases the ones with photos have been purchased more recently than others. What gives, and can I fix it?

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

Songs that show up as Matched are moving to my phone just fine, but songs that list as Uploaded aren't working worth a poo poo, it's not uploading the whole song. The songs sound fine on the computer. What gives?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

jackpot fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 28, 2017

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

There's a song I purchased through itunes that was accidentally hidden/deleted from my iphone (I think my son magically hit the sequence to delete it from the library), and now that I've unhidden it (through the desktop app) it's refusing to re-download. I'm seeing it in my list of recent purchases in itunes, but when I hit the download icon it says "DOWNLOADING," and a few seconds later the download icon reappears. In the music app I can't see the song while browsing in my library, but if I search for it it's there - but clicking on the search result brings me to "Looking for your music? Music you purchase from the iTunes store will appear here." The whole thing's weird, and it's all for a song that I can barely stand...but my kid really likes it.

Any ideas?

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

I've been an iTunes Match customer for a while now and it's occurred to me that if this subscription ever lapses - or if they end the service, or I have to kill my account for some reason - I'm left with the vast majority of my music sitting out there in the cloud, not actually on any of my devices. Is it crazy that I'm sitting here in iTunes, downloading every artist and album (or at least the ones I like) so that I can put them on a thumb drive somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

Last Chance posted:

ITunes Match has never been a backup service, Apple says as much. Its purpose is to sync music between machines, not be the only copy of the music you have. If you’ve deleted original library, hen you absolutely should download all of the songs you can locally.
Right, but if I'm using something that lets me have my entire library on demand but not downloaded, that's a backup service. I mean I know what you're saying, and I know why they use that language, but it's not crazy that people treat it like Google Drive, considering they're functionally the same.

At any rate, I'm definitely downloading.