Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Figured I'd post this here instead of Haus of Tech Support, because it's more inquiring than actual troubleshooting.

My iPod's about 4 or 5 years old now, and as a result I've built up a very large library of music and podcasts on it, including a great number of podcasts that can't be downloaded off their official feeds any more. I'd like to put them on my computer, both so I can listen to them on iTunes and because I'm planning to get a newer iPod with more space that I want to transfer everything over to. Is there a good program for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Does anyone know a good free AVI to MP4 converter for the old 160GB iPod? I think it's sixth-generation. I was using Videora Video Converter for a while, but on my new computer, the converted files keep having pops in the audio, so I'm looking for an alternative.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Out of nowhere, I'm repeatedly getting an error message saying, "The iTunes Library file cannot be saved. An unknown error occurred (-50)." Is this something I should be concerned about regarding my library or computer, or is it something that can easily be fixed?

EDIT Never mind, this seemed to do the trick: http://www.technologytell.com/apple/68617/itunes-library-file-cannot-be-saved-heres-a-fix/

Behonkiss fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 25, 2012

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
I've had this problem for a while and am getting tired of it. My TV Shows list only shows episodes downloaded to my hard drive, where before it had a list of greyed-out previous purchases in iCloud that I could directly download or stream from there. For several months now, these no longer appear, and while there's supposed to be an option to enable iCloud downloads in the Store tab of Preferences, it's not there. I've closed and restarted several times and just updated as well, and still no sign. Is this something that Apple will ever fix?