Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Science isn't about why, it's about why not.

f#a# posted:

Worse, every other tune somehow pops up missing even when my external is plugged in. I can double click it, sure, and they work fine, but otherwise they're just skipped over.

If you restart iTunes, all the 'missing' tracks come back if you've remounted the hard drive.

Another thing: what filesystem are you using on your external? If it's not journaled HFS+, it really should be. I've found iTunes gets a bit confused if the case insensitivity rules are different, and NTFS or FAT32 doesn't deal with umlauts and such the same way.

Also, if it's not getting weird characters properly when you reimport, it's probably because you need to convert the ID3 tags to the newest format before editing the metadata. iTunes doesn't rewrite the tags because it might delete something important, but there's a menu item for converting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

VERTICAL WIPE! posted:

1. If I edit track or album information under the "get info" tab, does this write the new information to the ID3 tags? I assume that it does.

2. Related to (1), if I add album art in iTunes to an album, does it embed it in the tags or only display it in iTunes?

3. Maybe I'm dumb but I'm confused by the sorting options when viewing the library. Example: I'd like to view albums by year, with the most recent first. I can click on the album column to display "album by year" but it doesn't seem to be sorted in a logical way. It starts with a 2003 album, then 1998, 1980, 2003, 2001. I don't get it.

4. Does anyone know how genius actually works? Does it analyze other peoples' libraries for songs that are in the same playlist or songs in the same library? I think I'd like genius more if I had some actual idea how it worked other than "using the power of the cloud, it chooses songs that go great together." Thanks Steve.

1. Yeah, it does. At least, it should. Sometimes it fails and doesn't tell you, usually this is because it the id3 tags are corrupt, if you delete them with another editor it can start working again.

2. This is weird: if you add art specifically to a song it adds it to the tags in the file, but if you use the download from iTunes option it will only put art into a database and not into the file.

3. Album by year sorts by artist then year then album name then disc number then track number then name. If you want to sort everything by year, enable the Year column and sort by that. (Right click on the sort bar, or go to View Options.) Tip: Clicking the sort bars in a specific order (like date added then artist) sorts ties in the last clicked one using the first one's sort. Use that if you want a complex ordering of songs that isn't Album by Date or by Artist.

4. No idea, it's magical. Only Steve and his army of turtlenecked programmers know.

One complaint I have about iTunes is that it's pretty dog slow when adding songs to the database. It takes a few minutes of completely locked-up iTunes to add one song. Of course, I have a 400gb library, but still, it could have the decency not to totally lock up. Lots of other things are slow and clicks aren't responsive enough with this much music, but I can't really complain because nothing else can do what iTunes does.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Rock Tumbler posted:

JESUS H. gently caress WHO DESIGNED THIS loving poo poo

File->New Playlist From Selection

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Sock on a Fish posted:

I know that I used to be able to play the music from my iPod within iTunes, and even if I couldn't, all the songs loaded onto the iPod are just sitting in a hidden directory that you can access when you've got the iPod mounted as a mass storage device.

A long time ago you could manage your iPod music just like another playlist including dragging music from the iPod to the library, but the music industry decided you couldn't any more. If you set your iPod to 'manually manage', you can still play music from your iPod and drag songs to it. I don't understand why you can't play songs from an automatically synced iPod, it'd be incredibly useful for when I don't have my external hard drive.

It's generally a bad idea to have your only copy of your music on your iPod, it's possible but you're likely to be hosed over one way or the other.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Abel Wingnut posted:

Is there any way to sort by two different columns? For instance, the first criteria would be Album Artist, and then within each Album Artist they would be sorted by date. I somehow managed it once but I have no idea how.

Thanks in advance.

Try clicking on Date Added, then Album Artist. I thought this would break Album Artist ties using Date Added, but apparently it doesn't work right or something weird is going on. I think this used to work...

It looks like it now sorts by the last column you clicked then breaks ties by using Artist by Album sort.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Snappy Zings posted:

I know about the "Play Next in Party Shuffle" feature

That feature is for doing exactly what you want.... why don't you want to use it?

I think you're trying to say you want to play the songs from a playlist in a different order than what they're listed as, right? There's a way to do something similar, where you can order a playlist however you like without being stuck to alphabetical. I don't think the winamp feature of making songs play in the wrong order exists in iTunes, because you can use Party Shuffle and playlist reordering to do the same thing in an easier to understand way.

I would just make a new playlist and put the songs in whatever order by dragging them, and if you want to play a song next go drag it right after the currently playing song.

You can hit the leftmost sort bar box to get draggable sort mode, and when you're in a different sort mode, right clicking on the playlist and hitting 'copy to play order' will reset the playlist's draggable order to that order

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Super Dude posted:

I just installed iTunes and added my music library, but I'm having a weird issue. Why have I suddenly lost 2.5 GB of music?

Positive you don't have exact duplicates? I've seen iTunes ignore duplicate files sometimes and add them other times, so you might want to check that. Also, it's possible you have non-mp3 files in your music directory like movies or something. Or iTunes just crapped out and forgot about some of your songs.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

GuyGizmo posted:

One question: is there any way to increase the buffer size iTunes uses for playing (what it thinks is) local music?

I doubt it. iTunes isn't really designed to have the music library be anywhere other than a fast local HD. If you want it to deal well with the network, you should run iTunes at home, use SSH to forward the library-sharing port to your local computer, then use something like Rendezvous Proxy to tell iTunes about it. Then the streaming buffer size preference controls that, along with actual internet streaming like podcasts from the iTunes Store.

I've tried streaming my iTunes library over a non-local network connection and it sort of worked. This was over campus wi-fi to my dorm, so it was way faster and more reliable than Comcast would be, but it still had hitches and slowness, especially switching songs.

If you could set up sshfs to have a bigger lookahead buffer for files then maybe you could get the buffering that way.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Eight Is Legend posted:

Is that a basic feature in iTunes?

Synchronizing is not a basic feature, you'd need a third party program like SuperSync.

Sharing is, you turn it on in preferences, then your library shows up as an icon in the left column of iTunes on your other computer. (if they're on the same network) You then can click that icon on your PC and play music from the other library.

If you want to control the music from your MBP but hear it out your PC, one thing you can do is get Airfoil from Rogue Amoeba and use it to shuttle the audio from one to the other.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Emo Businessman posted:

What is going on here?

Your Mac has the audiobooks section disabled, open preferences and turn it on. Also, I don't think you can have the same file bound to two different libraries and have it sync like that. Try playing it from your iPhone instead of from your computer in whichever place isn't syncing the audiobooks.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Charlie Mopps posted:

I felt the same, but since, thanks to this thread, i learned about the smart playlists i simply cannot go back to foobar anymore. It's worth having to manually remove things from my library.

Although i agree with you that it's just stupid that itunes misses that. Maybe it does auto-update the library if you let itunes manage it?

I've heard that if you re-add a folder it won't create duplicates of the songs that iTunes already has and add the songs that it hasn't seen before. I don't think it'll auto-delete though...

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Rakshas posted:

2. Crossfading takes too long in tunes.

Crossfading? Do you mean gapless playback? iTunes only analyzes your songs once, when you add them. If you wait for it to finish, it won't do it again. Another thing it analyzes is volume level for soundcheck, which can be turned off in preferences, but I think it'll still examine new files. Neither of these have anything to do with syncing, but they will show up in the bar at the top when they're being processed.

On the Winamp thing, why can't you use manual management mode on the iPhone to drop songs on it from multiple computers? It's something like 'disable automatic syncing' . Disclaimer: I haven't tried it.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Rakshas posted:

Oh yeah that's what I mean. It's just something I never use and would prefer that time not be wasted on it.

Do you own or are you ever going to listen to Dark Side of the Moon? If so, you need gapless playback. Even if you don't, it's just going to use up free CPU cycles while it's processing then it'll be done. Shouldn't take more than a few hours if you have an ungodly huge library.

Rakshas posted:

I opened up itunes at work with my ipod plugged in and it said it would have to delete all my files to setup the pairing.

Did you check manually manage music and video on the iPhone sync screen? Also, uncheck automatically sync, and on the work computer you don't need to sync anything because you'll just be drag and dropping, so it's probably warning you about overwriting your address book or calendar and not your music.

Disclaimer part 2: I haven't tried this but theoretically it should work.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

CaptainCrunch posted:

Also, once the library is retagged, album-arted and have playlists set up, how do I make sure that after any subsequent system resets (like when I update to Windows 7 eventually) I can just install iTunes and point it there to rock on? (This includes things like movies and apps for the iPhone as well)

http://lifehacker.com/software/itunes/ultranewb--how-to-move-your-itunes-library-to-an-external-drive-238296.php

Basically, you change the library location in preferences, consolidate, then move the library database and tell iTunes where it moved to. You'll have to make sure that the drive letter doesn't change. If it does I think you can just change the library location in preferences. Then (back up and) clear out your My Music/iTunes directory to make sure that iTunes doesn't do anything on the local drive.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Emo.fm posted:

I'd like a playlist that contains every album where x% of the tracks are n stars or above. Is there an add-on or plugin that would automate this for me?

Smart Playlists have "Album Rating" which is IIRC an average of the rating of the songs in the album, you can set that up easily and see if it does what you want.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Tutu posted:

Does anyone know a good mac program for adding lyrics to your songs in itunes? I'm surprised there isn't an iphone application for this.

There's no way to access the iTunes database from an iPhone app. :(

I think there are a few lyrics apps for mac, but I don't know any that work in bulk, seems like all of them are 'add lyrics when you play the song' type apps. I forget their names right now though.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Can I buy a whole bunch of Itunes Store songs and pay at once, or am I doomed to a pile of 1.07 charges?

Turn on Shopping Cart in Preferences->Store.

Also IIRC Apple will coalesce charges over a few days so you don't have so many dinky credit card bills.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Check for updates to the Remote app on your iPhone or iPod, it's gotten quite the overhaul. The voting on iTunes DJ is really nifty and you can even edit playlists. This is going to be really useful for parties!

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

nemoulette posted:

I suppose this has been posted, so please point me in the right direction if this is a repeat:

My iTunes library (as in, the actual files), have a shitload of duplicates, making the library twice as large as it actually is. Is there a way to solve this? I have a 80gb iPod and an external harddrive to help. Is there a way to export all the music to my iPod (should fit), erase everything iTunes, and then import it back? Or does anyone have any other idea how to fix it?

If you mean there's files in the iTunes Music folder that aren't in iTunes, and you're sure they're all duplicates, you should consolidate your library to a new location, delete the files in iTunes Music, then re-consolidate back to where you want the songs to go.

You can also rebuild your library with one of those extract music from your ipod programs, I'm not sure what's the best one for that.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Zwabu posted:

Is there anyway I can use this streaming/sharing feature in conjunction with playlists?

You can't edit playlists unless you're on the computer which owns the library. You also can't put songs that are on a remote library into your own playlists. This is because the music companies got very angry at Apple when they introduced music sharing, for some moronic reason.

You should be able to see the other computer's playlists, though, you just hit the little arrow next to the computer's name...

You can also access them and edit them from the iPhone if you've got the Remote application, which is pretty awesome. You can't stream the music, unfortunately.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Eeek posted:

I have been building a collection of music for quite some time. I wanted to cover myself in case of a disaster, so I backed up my poo poo. I used Windows live care for this. I’d like to say all of my music is in one place. It isn’t. It is spread out over a few HD’s. I had a virus a few years ago and reformatted and use my backups. However, for some stupid loving reason, I had changed my drive letters. So, when it couldn’t find a F, it was nice enough to just write it to D. This made itunes have 3 or 4 copies of the same song. I gave up on it and pretty much didn’t sync my ipod for a long time. In the meantime I got an iphone. So, I needed my library back. I went thought and deleted all of the dupes. However, itunes doesn’t get rid of the song, it only kills the link. We had a hurricane, no work, no internet, so I spent about 12 hours deleting poo poo. Oh well, no big deal, right? All was fine until I shared my drive so my wife could get some non DRM music off of my drive. Itunes went apeshit and decided that my drive is different than the one I had a while ago. So I had to find my music again. Now I have 6 or 7 copies of the same song. Of over 10,000 songs. It is not logical to use the find dupes on itunes since it doesn’t truly delete them. What can I do to get a fix on this?

edit: Also, with everything be all over, can I use the combine music libary thing in itunes to shove it all together and then delete stuff?

It only deletes them if they're managed by iTunes in the iTunes Music folder. You should set the library folder to where you want it to be, do a 'consolidate library' which copies everything to the folder set in Preferences->Advanced, check if it worked properly, then delete everything else.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I'm going to be moving my windows install to a new hard disk in the very near future. I hate reinstalling iTunes and having to reconfigure my iPhone, and also losing all my (very carefully organized) albums, album art, audiobooks + artwork, etc.

Is there a way to maintain any of this across installations? I have like a dozen audiobooks on here, I spent a long time carefully organizing them and finding art for them, I don't want to do it again.

Even just saving my iTunes settings would be a plus.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1329 is a step-by-step for moving your library with an iPod, but you can do the same thing with an external hard drive. If you copy the whole iTunes folder from My Music, you won't lose your library. (Make sure you've got all your music in the iTunes/iTunes Music folder, i.e. consolidated!) I don't know how it affects iPhone syncing but I don't think it's a big deal.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Sorry that I wasn't clear -

Moving the music files is trivial. What I want to know is how to maintain iTunes settings, album art, and file options (audiobook, etc) that are NOT embedded in the music files.

Album art that you set manually is in the files themselves, album art that is automatically downloaded is in the 'Album Artwork' folder inside the iTunes folder (and you can use the Store to automatically re-get it), your iPhone apps are in there in 'Mobile Applications', and the file options/play counts/playlists/etc is in the iTunes Library.itl database file inside that folder.

What isn't in that folder is actual iTunes preferences like 'keep itunes music folder organized' and stuff like that, I'm not sure where that is. I'm also not positive about iPhone sync settings and iPhone backups. You'll also have to re-authorize your new install but that's simple. Make sure to deauthorize the old iTunes.

Just make sure to keep the old HD around for a bit and you can experiment with what needs to move over. Make sure to keep a backup of the .itl file and the xml, those hold the playlists and such.

There may be a problem if the drive letters change, but I think that's not a big deal if all your music is in the iTunes Music folder.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

dexter6 posted:

So all I have to do is backup my music to an external drive (already done because it lives there already) and copy the itunes library file. Re install itunes and place my old library file over the new one itunes installed. As long as my music still resides on my mapped shared drive (X:\Music) it should retain play counts, ratings and everything else?

Yes.

You should have said that it's on an external drive. Make sure the mapped drive letter is the same, and you should open iTunes before you copy over the library file and set the iTunes directory to your mapped drive like it is right now, and set the other advanced preferences the way you want them. Then close iTunes and put the file into the iTunes folder in My Music and restart it and everything should be right. Make sure to copy over the album art and iPhone apps too. Back up the library files just in case.

Aside: I haven't had to do this on Windows for a few years, and I live on Macs now so this might be outdated, but I don't think the important stuff has changed... I have done this multiple times on Windows and Macs though and it does work.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

EC posted:

Thanks for the help, I'll definitely check that out. Smart playlists are the reason I want to (finally) adopt iTunes (well, that and the iPhone kinda dictates that I have to).

For the purchased stuff, there's a "transfer purchases" option in one of the menus that took everything on the iPhone (music/apps) and put it in the library. So that worked!

Yet another question: with a lot of people upgrading to the 3GS on Friday, what is the best method of making sure all my info will come over? I'm thinking that I'll sync/backup in iTunes, then just do a restore to the new phone. Will that get all my app saved data as well?

iTunes is a hell of a lot slower if the music is over a networked filesystem instead of a local drive. For the first add and gapless/soundcheck scanning, do it from a local HD. For 100GB, you will be waiting all drat day for it to add to the library, but it will eventually work. You'll want a playlist for 'songs I care about' that isn't as big as your Library for everyday browsing. If you're going to edit id3 tags in iTunes, use a playlist instead of the main library view, because editing is slow with big libraries.

A backup will get all your app saved data with it, though I don't know if it will go from 3G->3GS. It seems like it would.

There's a 'Purchased' playlist in the source list of iTunes next to the store that shows all the songs/movies/etc you've purchased on the Store.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Chainclaw posted:

iTunes is really frustrating me. I tried ripping a CD through iTunes, and it put it somewhere I didn't want, so I went into the settings, and told it where I wanted all of my iTunes stuff. It didn't automatically move things over, so I closed iTunes, manually moved the contents of the iTunes music folder to where it should be, and then iTunes gave me a million errors for each file. I couldn't find a way to force it to automatically update itself, it doesn't know the old files are gone, and doesn't see the new files, so I have to manually click on every single file and update the location.

How am I supposed to move files on my computer and have it be iTunes friendly?

Even worse is when I delete pictures outside of iTunes it complains it can't find them anymore every single time I sync.

Don't move your poo poo unless you move it through iTunes. To move music files, you should change your iTunes music folder in advanced preferences, then say 'consolidate library' in advanced menu. This copies everything iTunes knows about to the directory you specified, in artist/album/discnum-tracknum trackname.mp3 style.

You might be able to fix the picture thing by desyncing all your pictures then reenabling photo sync.

A better way to deal with errors is to delete the files in iTunes, don't delete the actual files, move them, then re-add them to iTunes.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Chemical Shift posted:

I'm planning on upgrading my OS soon, going from Window Vista to Windows 7. Since I can't upgrade, I'm going to lose all my song data and such. I don't particularly care about the data, but it would suck to lose my playlists. Is there any way to get my old playlists to work on the new install? I guess I'm mostly worried about my ratings playlist, which is set to 4+. I don't feel like re-rating close to 300 songs. Someone mentioned earlier that in order to get around it, you could make manual playlists (say, one for all the songs rated 4, and one for all the songs rated 5), and then I could rate all the "4" songs in one fell swoop, and etc. But I guess I don't understand how that would work, because if you can retain that playlist, why not the smart playlist too? Or did they mean something else that I didn't understand?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1329

Consolidate your iTunes library, find your My Music folder, and copy it over. Tada! Done.

The important file is iTunes Library.itl.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Blue_monday posted:

One question I do have is this: what program can I use to automatically find the BPM of songs as they're played and then add it to the tag? I would also like a program to find lyrics. (this will be on a PC)

http://www.beatunes.com/

Java based, Windows/Mac compatible, does that and more. It costs $$, but it's got a trial mode.

Also:
http://www.mixmeister.com/bpmanalyzer/bpmanalyzer.asp
http://www.mmartins.com/mmartins/bpmdetection/bpmdetection.asp

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Terpfen posted:

Time to submit a bug, if I can find the place where you're supposed to do it.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

If you've got an ADC account (free):
https://bugreport.apple.com

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Terpfen posted:

No ADC for me, unfortunately. But thanks, I'll use the feedback form. Here's hoping Apple actually reads the drat things.

If you create an account (5 minutes, tops) you can see if it's marked as a duplicate, and if it isn't a dupe, you can see when it's fixed. Also check out Open Radar, where you should file it and keep the status updated so people outside of The Mothership can see what's up with it: http://openradar.appspot.com/

Edit: For example, here's the 'Album by Year is broken' bug, which is a duplicate, meaning they know about it already: http://openradar.appspot.com/7220029

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Dickeye posted:

iTunes Media dir, not the Music folder

I think you have to have upgraded to iTunes Media organization for this to work.

Something I found out last night: if you want to consolidate and organize but don't want iTunes to make duplicate copies of all your music, just put it inside the iTunes Media folder first, then consolidate. iTunes will move files that are already inside the Media folder, and copy files that are outside.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Chris Knight posted:

Does 8 or 9 handle really large libraries any better than 7?

Yes, but it still has issues. It is faster at starting up and shutting down, but many actions still cause lag.
What's your definition of really large?

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

EC posted:

That's going to completely break our iTunes libraries, though.

If you're OK with letting iTunes deal with your filesystem, you can consolidate your library, and iTunes will move all your stuff to Music/Artist/Album/TrackNum-Discnum Trackname.mp3.

If you were on a Mac, I think you could just move the files and iTunes will magically find them as long as they're on the same hard drive. Try moving just one and see if iTunes finds it. (Move it while iTunes is off!)

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

EC posted:

I'm not sure I'll ever be OK with iTunes having that much control over my library. That plus the fact that it only has about a tenth of my library now due to performance issues scares me away from doing that. I tried moving an album, but iTunes just puts an exclamation mark beside it and goes about it's business.

I wish there was a way to export/import metadata. Or at least sync ratings to the ID3 tags and have iTunes reimport that info. :(

I have 81,000 songs managed by iTunes. It can deal with it. (It certainly is slow though.)

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

getalot681 posted:

I just consolidated my music files off my main hard drive to a secondary in preparation for re-installing SL onto a new main drive. Is there any good reason to keep around the 'Previous iTunes Libraries' folder?

That's where iTunes puts the old copy of your library file when it upgrades you to a new iTunes version. I don't think you need to keep them around. It's usually a good idea to keep backups (or Time Machine) of your library file around somewhere in case it gets corrupted or something. Make sure to keep the current library files around if you're wiping your home directory!

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

wolffenstein posted:

Downloaded only. Album art embedded in files are not modified.

The Cache folder caches album art from the files, but if the cache is deleted iTunes will use the file. However, downloaded album art is only stored in the Album Artwork folder, and you'll have to do a 'Get Album Artwork' on anything that doesn't have embedded art. Downloaded art is not added to the music files.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

KuruMonkey posted:

When I open 'Get Info' and set the album art myself with a file, does that go into the MP3 or into that folder?

Because I just noticed that when I sync 2 machines with Home Sharing, it doesn't keep the album art.

Ideally it would, but I'm not sure if it does or not. An MP3 tagging program can tell you if it's changing the file or not. Keep in mind that Quick Look sneakily checks your iTunes artwork database for artwork.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Choadmaster posted:

Consolidate your library to a new location and delete anything that gets left behind? I haven't tried that but it seems like it should work.

I've needed to do that and it did work. If you consolidate to a location on the same HD and if it's already been consolidated/is inside the iTunes folder as marked in your prefs before the move, it'll just move the files, not copy them.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Bozart posted:

I've been having extremely slow connections to the itunes store for downloading anything for the last two weeks on both my apple tv and my computer - but no impact on other websites. Apple support forums are a wasteland. Has anyone else run into this and fixed it?

Is there some router configuration issue that I should be tweaking? Is it an ISP issue?

The iTunes store downloads are from servers which are chosen based on your location generally using DNS or anycast IP's. Are you using custom DNS servers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Apps posted:

For reference, can you see the different background colors in this entire image, or only in the drop shadow from calc?

I can see them everywhere, even in your screenshot. Your monitor probably has the contrast/brightness set waaaaay wrong, or your gamma is wrong, or you're looking at your monitor from the wrong angle. If I look at the lines on my MBP's LCD screen at just the wrong angle, they nearly disappear.