Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

eighty-four merc posted:

Yeah, this is a really good point. And is also generally how I approach things, so thanks for reminding me I'm being a dumbass on my own terms

I'm gonna go into the AT&T store and see what my best option is

Thinking I'll get the Sonim XP3 for business and a secondhand XP5 for personal to save some money / be able to tell them apart

Much as I'd like to run 2 XP5 phones like a cheap rear end, HD Voice on the XP3 as well as just being a current model dumb phone that can use more bands or whatever seems to make it a no brainer

I used an xp5 for five years as a truck/work phone and I loved it. Dropped it off an excavator into shell rock and it was fine and it fell into the intercostal once. ATT says it's going to 4ge or whatever and is phasing it out and only offers the XP5s now which I got and like a lot too.

Been looking at the XP3 for a personal phone.

As far as I know they don't carry any sonim stuff in the ATT stores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I actually bought the xp3. It does do hotspot if you got a plan with it.

I like it. Does everything I want it to. It's smaller and feels a good bit lighter than the xp5s. Nice big buttons you cab use with gloves and the PTT button is programmable now.