Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Hey so I'm being somewhat forced to switch to a T-Mobile plan. Family had all gotten together on a sprint plan a few years ago, but the contract did the whole cheap starter then super expensive up charge after x months in the fine print. So we are switching. Anyway need to find the best phones we can for the plan for around 150-250 if possible. I admit I'm not super knowledgeable about phones so any help would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Anyone good at recommending a plan here?

I'm looking for a good family plan to move to. We are on a rather good plan as my stepdad was a veteran so we are on the Sprint veteran discount plan. Anyhow, he has passed recently, and though my family is still on that plan for now as we try and find where to move to we wont be able to stay on it for too long. Two of the phones will need to be replaced soon as they are starting to function poorly, so if there is a deal that includes new phones with x year contract or whatever that will also be useful. Anyway here is what we are looking for

Android preferred
3 lines
preferably under 150 a month, the plan we were on was heavily discounted thanks my stepdads veteran status, but now as my mom is widowed, she will no longer qualify for that.
unlimited or large data cap, all three of us use our phone internet pretty constantly due to spotty wifi.

Any suggestions?

Oh and we are located in North Carolina in the USA if that changes availability of anything.....don't know if it would or not but I'm out of my depth here. Thanks for any advice.

Madmarker fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Dec 28, 2019

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

TheParadigm posted:

If your mom is similarly ageded, try t mobiles 55 / senior plan

We just switched as a family, plan details are 55 flat for unlimited everything including data, 15 for extra lines up to 1 to 2, and optional per line insurance between 7 and 15 per phone, depending on model, which covers accidental.

We had a grandfather atnt unlimited and saved a fortune. My sister will be joining us as soon as her phone is unlockable

FCKGW posted:

T-mobile has a deal right now for sign up for two lines, get one free. 3 lines unlimited (50gb 4g) plus Netflix for $120/mo.

Thanks for the advice, it really helps.