Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Umph posted:

[timg]http://img.waffleimages.com/e69753d420353473adaae3f3009e80a99504f00c/samsung-sgh-i780-gps-phone[1].jpg[/timg]

Does anyone here have the new Samsung Epix? I was playing around with it, and I liked the mouse doodad, and it's touchscreen with a stylus. The windows mobile 6.1 professional is getting pretty mixed reviews, but it's the best AT&T smartphone with wifi I've seen for under $200 with a contract. The blackjack 2 doesn't have wifi, and for some reason I'm avoiding blackberries.

I had this before I got the iphone 3G. Great WM phone, usability wise. Awesome batter life as well, and it has almost everything. A couple of gripes are:

a) Only 128 MB of ram (compared to 192-256 on the latest high-end WM phones)
b) Smallish screen

Other than that, its great, if you can tolerate windows mobile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

kalibar posted:

Not to nit-pick, but were you actually using anywhere near 128MB RAM? My 800w has 128MB as well, and it is plenty, especially after coming from a 64MB device. I leave piles of third-party today screen plugins running, the SMS client, a web browser, a file manager, pocket Outlook, and basically anything else I want and I've never been able to bring the system memory to its knees.

I didnt mean to say that its little, but having 192 or 256 megs would have been nice (especially with tabbed browsers and heavy-ish today screen plugins becoming the norm).