Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Cakes are LOL
Jan 14, 2008

How could the devil turn the blue sky black?
How many babies born will ever reach their dreams?
And how could a person call another person wack?
# Country/Provider: USA / no preference.

# Current contract status: using a tracfone.

# Budget (phone/plan): willing to pay up to $200 for a phone, but not really more than $50 monthly.

# Features I know I want: Camera phone, texting, music, web-enabled, custom ringtones. Video is also preferable. Looking for a touch phone if at all possible.

I'm really interested in the iPhone and similar touch phones, but with the data plans they end up being over $60/mo with the cheapest plan and without texting. I have a Tracfone currently, and I can certainly live on 300-400 minutes a month, but I do a lot of texting. Unlimited would be nice, but that's usually about $20/mo and with required data plans that tend to be ~$30/mo without even a basic calling plan I'm already at my limit. I'm probably looking for too much for too little, but if anyone can tell me otherwise, I'd be thrilled. Am I really just better off getting an iPod touch and holding on to my Tracfone? I've survived very well on said Tracfone, what I'm really looking for are these features.

e: I get double minutes for life on my Tracfone and I've used about 130 minutes this month. It's 40 bucks for 200 minutes (which becomes 400 on my phone), so I think I'm best off sticking with the Tracfone and getting the iPod Touch unless you guys can think of anything better.

My Cakes are LOL fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU