Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
So does it make any sense to wait and see if the Moto g6 is any good over the g5+ or is there not going to be much change? Tried to look up what would be different, but perhaps you folks would be able to better sense a pattern than I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
So the Moto g6 if I can wait. I'm guessing it will be a good step up battery wise from the original Moto g? It seems like mine handles being standby just fine, but the fact I can only get 3g and the age of it's processors seem to cause its batteries to drain in a matter of minutes.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
https://www.amazon.com/Nokia-TA-1068-5-5-inches-Factory-Unlocked/dp/B07BVQ66V6

Would the non us Nokia 6.1 work well on the us TMobile network? I'm thinking of buying it for myself and my dad, and using a military plan, and I wanted the superior specs, since I couldn't stand the idea of missing that ram. Is this a bad idea? What would be a better option if so? Me and him are coming from an original Moto g and a slide phone respectively.

Surely the reception can't be worse if I don't have access to 4g connectivity at this time due to the phone, and he doesnt even have 3g on his? Just want that sweet long term support, and a step up from my old phone (figure it would be nice to better help him with his phone, though that isn't necessary)

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 30, 2018

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

It's missing Band 4 GSM which might be an issue in low-signal areas, which is notable since it's also missing Band 12 LTE (and Band 71, though as I understand that's not really deployed much yet).

Hm. Well, since it would still have thrice the ram and storage (accounting for Android or other default apps taking more space), would that and the much better processor and camera mean I probably wouldn't miss that extra ram/storage?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Yeah, I was figuring that I've had it at least three years, even though my mother got it for me used. What would be good to get if I wanted it to last a while? I was thinking on staying Android, and probably either pixel 2 for myself if I wanted something now, since it would have a similar support window. Could that work for me? I figure my dad would not miss the extra gb on the Nokia.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I mean, they are the same ratios. What is the benefit of using 2:1?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I bought my dad and me a coupleo Nokia 6 phones a while back, and now the charge port has become persnickity on both his and mine (which I gave to him when I switched to a pixel 3a). To replace it, I intend to either give him my current phone and move to a pixel 4a, or buy him a Moto g Power for the battery, screen size, etc. Are there any other candidate android phones in a similar situation? He's just gonna use it for browsing, though he might appreciate screen real estate since it can be hard for him to read stuff. Would like to keep it between 150 and 400 dollars since he doesn't like me spending too much on him. Would prefer ones that won't have their charging port crap out quick.

Edit:mainly just posting to make sure I don't buy something stupid. Using TMobile btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Hey I've got a pixel 3a, what would be the best candidate for a similar experience on sale today? Main thing would be battery life and 3.5 mm jack.