Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I'll be moving to the States in August and plan to sign an AT&T family plan with some friends. But I'd like to get the upcoming iPhone, which isn't likely to be out until September. What are my options? I don't suppose it's possible to sign a contract and wait one month before collecting the phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Where are you moving from? Do you currently have a phone? If so, if it's a GSM phone, you can just stick the AT&T SIM in that and wait to use the subsidy that comes with the line. Or get a prepaid account for the month or two before joining your friends' line.
I already have a GSM iPhone 4. So wait, it's possible to sign a line and use the subsidy only, say, a month later? Because that'd solve my problem.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

These days, I want only a great portable camera on my phone. I really don't need the ultra-fast processor or huge screens. But it seems these two things go hand in hand and it's hard to find a decently priced phone with a great camera, as a result. Any suggestions?