Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

I'm using a Galaxy S7 right now. I like the phone and I don't have any particular need to upgrade at this time, but the battery's ~3 years old now and doesn't hold a charge well anymore. With Black Friday coming up, I'm going to be looking for a new phone and need some suggestions.

AT&T, USA, no contract, not interested in switching providers, has to be an Android phone. Budget of about $300-$350. I pretty much just use the phone for basic internet poo poo and don't use it for work, so my only real concerns are battery life and that the camera isn't worse than the one in my S7.

And with that aside, would it ever be worth it to just go to a cell phone repair place and pay the ~$70 have them replace the battery for me, or is it better to just bite the bullet and replace the phone in these situations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

I'd just do a case that holds one, because that will be easier to replace when he inevitably loses the stylus.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Turds in magma posted:

Phone cases - how the gently caress do you buy them?
I just ordered a refurb pixel 4XL and I need a case. I try searching amazon and I get a billion sponsored obnoxious looking piece of poo poo.

Is there a consensus on who makes a decent case? I don't want something that looks tacticool or has pictures of my waifu on the back, just something clear that will stop my phone from breaking when I drop it on its corner.

I generally just grab the Otterbox Symmetry for whatever phone I have. Simple design and good protection. I've tried other cases but always end up coming back to this one.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

I had to change sim formats with my phone when I upgraded and att gave me a replacement sim card in the new format for $5 or so at the att store. Just walked in, no appointment or anything.