Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oysters Autobio
Mar 13, 2017
I got my Pixel 1 back in early 2016, and unfortunately now with a full charge the battery completely dies after a few minutes of use, so it looks like I'm in need of a new phone.

I really liked the Pixel because I liked the Google environment and integration without any stupid bloat like other phones at the time had (Samsung and the like were filled with uninstallable apps that were just garbage) and the fact that back then, Google phones would receive instant security and OS updates while certain Androids like Samsung sometimes had a delay. Finally, I thought the camera was fantastic (honestly, it still holds up very well today) and I liked the fingerprint reader because I'm lazy but don't like the idea of the face unlock thing. I also appreciated the water proofing, and the construction on it was rock solid despite many drops without any scratches. My only critique was I guess the fact that the battery is now draining and completely dies, but I'm assuming nowadays 4 years is an unreasonable amount of time to expect a phone to last unfortunately.

My first thoughts were just to get whatever the latest Pixel was, but after some initial reading I'm hearing some critiques of the current iterations and am curious what I should consider knowing what I liked before and what should I know about the current Pixel offerings and how they stack up with the other Android competitors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU