Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
My family is upgrading their family plan, so we are looking at snagging some phones from AT&T while the upgrade discount applies.

I'm really partial to both regular QWERTY smartphone (like the Blackjack II and the Moto Q9h) and slider phones (as long as they're hiding a full QWERTY keyboard in there). I couldn't care less about the quality of the camera, and I won't be using it to listen to music or watch videos. That said, I would like microSD support because people send me a lot of stuff (I think all smartphones phones pretty much support microSD now anyway, but I thought it was worth mentioning for the sake of being specific).

I'm not super thrilled with touch screens, but I don't hate them so much that I couldn't be convinced.

Good internet support is a plus, but my funds are a little tight right now so I probably won't be adding normal smartphone browser support to my plan right away. Mostly I just need something reliable with a quick, responsive interface. My personal favorite right now is the Blackjack II, but I haven't gotten to use one at length, and they've been around so long that I feel like there might be something better out there by now.

Edit: Is the Palm Centro worth a drat? I know I said I wasn't thrilled about touch screens, but other than that it seems like a really good compromise between stuff I want vs. stuff I'll never use.

RichterIX fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 13, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Steinbeck posted:

The Centro has phenomenal review and user satisfaction ratings overall compared to the other phones you had mentioned. I think it'd be worth your while to give it a hands-on test drive and see how it suits you.

Thanks a lot! I picked one up today and I love it.

I just wish any of the Palm OS theme programs were free.