Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Country/Provider: USA, Colorado

Current contract status: NA

Budget (plan): $150 or less for two lines?

Features I know I want: Coverage/price/data

My wife and I are moving to Denver for a job change. She's currently on Sprint, I have a work phone on AT&T through work and will finally have to pay for my own phone/plan. I'm primarily looking for reasons to choose between Verizon/AT&T/T-mobile/Sprint for two lines. We have iphones and plan on continuing to use them. We travel internationally a few times a year, but can just buy SIM cards there if needed. We currently pay for both Hulu as well as HBO. I've never been on Verizon, but it looks like this might be a good reason to jump ship for both of us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Duckman2008 posted:

What iPhones do the two of you have , and what iPhones do you want ? It sounds like you will have to buy a phone, so Verizon has a BOGO going through end of the month.

Plan: the full BOGO you have to be on the premium plan, which is Play More Unlimited.

For two lines: $70 + $70 = $140
-requires autopay with checking account (or Verizon credit card), otherwise it’s $160.
-it’s unlimited data, with 25GB each of premium (no throttling on congested towers) data. 15GB hotspot. You get Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ included.
-iPhones: buy one get one free. So if you do two iphone 12s, it’s $33 for the first one over 2 years, $0 for the second. 12 Pro is $42 for the first one, $0 for the second one. Etc.

Alternatively, if she wants to keep her phone, Verizon has a bring your own device promo of $300 gift card, and the iPhone SE is free for a new line. So that depends on what iPhones you want.

If either of you are: Military, First Responder, Teacher or Nurse, you get $20 off a month.

Phones purchased via Verizon are automatically unlocked after 61 days of use.

So yeah, the plan can be around what you are looking for, with cost of 2 new phones a little over.

Any questions let me know here, on the Verizon thread or PM me. If you would like a referral code PM me and I can give you one of those too.

This is perfect, thanks!

She has an iPhone 10, I have an iPhone 11 Pro. Would we have to buy phones if we went from Sprint/ATT to Verizon? I was hoping to hold off until the new ones come out if possible since this doesn't happen until the summer. Knowing that, does it still make sense to go with the $140 plan?

edit: Hah, looks like Verizon excludes physicians from the discount, while AT&T includes them.

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Feb 24, 2021