Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

[chavez]
Dec 21, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Looking for phone recommendations:

* Country/Provider: US / T-Mobile No data or texting plan.

* Current contract status: In the middle of a 2yr Contract

* Budget: $300-$400

* Features I know I want: Movie & Video. I ride the train to work for over an hour a day so having video to watch on the train is super important. I also prefer a sliding form factor, and hate flip phones.

Right now I've got a T-mo Shadow, which is ok although I absolutely hate Windows Mobile with a burning passion after having to use it for several months. I'm specifically interested in Nokia phones (N95 mainly) but wouldn't turn my nose up at another brand. My kid dropped my wifes Nokia 6300 in a cup of coffee so I'm relegating the Shadow to wife duty while I get something else.

I'm really interested in the nokia N95 (or any N series) and I need something unlocked that will run on T-mobile. I don't care if I have to buy some kind of data storage card to go with whatever phone I get. I don't do a ton of texting, but I found the word prediction / texting function on my wife's 6300 to be pretty poor. I don't know if all nokias are like that, or if it was just the 6300. For what it's worth the texting/prediction on the shadow was pretty good for a non QWERTY layout. I don't currently have a data plan but will probably add one in when I get a new phone. I'm buying this new phone outright, and would like to find something in the three to four hundred dollar range, unlocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

[chavez]
Dec 21, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Mostly I just want to make sure there's not some other phones out there I should know about in the same price range - seems like every time I buy a cell phone the next week I find something comparable I should've looked into. And I don't have a problem with getting a dedicated mobile video player, but on the other hand it's nice to have all my functionality in one spot instead of carrying a couple different devices.