Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Csixtyfour
Jan 14, 2004
Did Sprint change the Kickstart plan so you can finance phones on it now? My Moto X4 is dying and Im on Sprint Kickstart with it, it used to be if you tried to buy a finance new phone online it would force you to pick a new plan or buy the phone to keep kickstart plan. I can make it all the way to checkout out now online with a finance phone....

Speaking of phones, i'm leaning towards a Pixel 4, not a fan of apple. Any better choice than pixel for around the $300-$400 range(not apple)? I always had good luck with Moto's, just time for a change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Csixtyfour
Jan 14, 2004

luminalflux posted:

Considering switching to Mint mobile - I have T-Mobile PAYG and my wife needs to get off her parent's family Sprint plan. We both have unlocked iPhones, but hers is an old pre-merger Sprint iPhone X. I'd be moving my number over, she probably won't.

Are there any gotchas with Mint? It looks to be fairly good value, and it claims to use T-Mobile's network so we'll enjoy the same ok-ish coverage they have. Is a Sprint iPhone any different radio-wise from what T-mo uses?

Been on mint for a month. Having used cricket, then spectrum before mint, mint is by far the slowest overall. That being said, mint is the cheapest. Some days it's perfect and fast other days it's doesn't work for poo poo. I paid $45 for three months of unlimited, doubt I'll stay after 3 months. It would be perfect for someone who doesn't use much data. Spectrum was really good and on Verizon towers, but after you used 20gigs it was unusable, literally. Tldr: pass on mint.