Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

What are the major service providers in The Netherlands, South Holland area, around Leiden/The Hague. Could I get a sim card here in the US before leaving for The Netherlands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

IratelyBlank posted:

I have 3 months left which will be roughly ~$180 and from what I read on their website the cost to cancel would be around $300 so I'm fine with paying for the 3 months and just carrying around two phones if it means I can switch at the end. Thanks.

You could probably just switch numbers now, get a new random number from Sprint and leave that phone at home.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

I live in the LA metro area and I rent from this super old lady who is pretty chill and cool about everything except home internet. Can't get a fiber hookup because that would mean wires on the building. So I used a copper line ADSL with frontier that was a good connection in the 90s. Are there any wireless solutions from cell phone providers that aren't a complete loving joke? As an example Verizon offers this as $70 a month LTE for 8 gigs which is a hilariously poo poo offering.

T Mobile has one coming out to rural customers that's solid but won't offer it in my area.

Any suggestions?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

I have a tmobile unlimited plan and I use that for home internet. It's not great but my data rolls over in 2 days and I'm at 95 gigs between two lines. 56 on my TV for streaming

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

I use a lte usb modem attached to a raspberry pi acting as the router. It doesn't register as hotspot data. I get 50 gigs before a slowdown on t mobile

Edit: I'm above 50 at the moment and it's still steaming Netflix fine. Hell I'm above 100 now on two lines with the plan

Dr. Fraiser Chain fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 12, 2020

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

I've got a Pixel 2xl and maybe it's time to move on. I like the base android experience of the Pixel. Is the 6a the way to go? I guess ideally maybe a Fairphone 4 or something not associated with the big spy corps but I'm sure I'm out of luck in that way.

It looks like they don't even sell the 6 anymore, but just the 6a and the 7s. In reality it's a phone and SA browser and I'm never really using any intense apps or anything so 6a for the budget?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Hey yall, wandering into this subforum for the first time ever cause I need a 'new' phone.

I want a refurbished Andriod phone - there are hundreds of options out there and I am overwhelmed with choice.

Country/Provider: I'm in The Netherlands with T-Mobile

Current contract status: I currently have month-to-month, no long-term plan. My current phone is a Huawei Lite Pro 6 or something, I'm not entirely sure. I got it for free three years ago (long story) but it's gradually becoming unusable. Apps crash all the time.

Budget (phone/plan): No plan needed, just want a new phone I can put my SIM card into. I would like to stay under 250/300ish Euros. I want an Andriod phone

Features I know I want:

I don't need anything real fancy. I want to be able to use the fun filters on TikTok and play games without serious slowdowns and crashes. My husband has a later model iPhone and takes most of the pictures, so I don't need like, the nicest camera in the world.

I have had Samsungs in the past and was satisfied with them. I also had a Google Nexus (I think that's what it was called) tablet that I liked as well (up until the battery became unchargable). I am leaning towards a Google Pixel because of my experience with the tablet. I don't really want a Huawei or a Xaomi because of how fast my Huawei went downhill.

If it matters, I mostly use wifi because I am trying to keep my monthly payment low and I don't have a huge data plan.

So, please, what do yall think my best option is?

I'm unsure of what price you'll be advertised in NL but I got a new pixel 6a for about your budget a few months ago. I think that's a solid option to check out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Your charging port is probably packed with lint and preventing a good seal with your cable. Take a pin and root around in the charging port and clean it out