Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Spatulater bro! posted:

Are you intentionally referring to the 11-minute 2014 version? That's the one you have on your list.

Yeah, Letterboxd defaults to the short of you just search for Baskin. The full length film is Baskin: Karabasan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Null of Undefined posted:

I can’t wait. I thought the first one was a lot of fun and this one already looks even better.

Yeah I saw the trailer yesterday and I am looking forward to this. 2019 is shaping up to look like another year of great horror with Happy Death Day 2U, Pet Semetary, Glass, Three from Hell, It chapter 2, Us, Nosferatu and no doubt much more.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I’m taking a break from mainlining new movies for the October challenge to watch Return of the Living Dead for the 1000th time. This is your daily reminder that it is, without hyperbole, the greatest accomplishment of humanity to date.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Franchescanado posted:

The Mummy literally does nothing, and most of his actions don't make sense.

He apparently sneaks into a house and hides in a child's closet. For what? He's not looking for anything, he's not trying to kill the child, it's like he's lost. Then he sneaks OUT of the house after the kid tells his dad there is a monster in there.

Then he wanders around some more.

Then he disappears from the movie because the character literally unravels.

It's a distractingly incompetent mummy.

The scene where he leaves Eugene’s closet is an homage to the original Mummy film, but it still doesn’t make any sense.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Franchescanado posted:

21st century

Happy Halloween, Horror Goons! What's everyone watching tonight? Scream Stream? Movie Marathon?

Hocus Pocus, Monster Squad and Trick ‘R Treat are on the slate tonight.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Conservapedia Letterboxd posted:

quote:

American Psycho 2000

½ Added 29 Oct, 2018
Don't be fooled by the false patriotic title. It's the most Anti-American film you'll ever see because it attempts to pass a stockbroker as a secret serial killer

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I was home sick today so I decided to rent Death House. Don't rent Death House.

Here's what I write on my Letterboxd review:

I'm not going to say I had high expectations for this, given how lovely it looked from the trailer. Still, a movie that bills itself as "the Expendables of horror" was something I found tempting. I was hoping to see some of the great horror movie stars ham it up and interest with one another. Unfortunately we don't really get that. 

This doesn't really work for an "expendables" approach. The Expendables at least had genre stars playing characters similar to what they were known for. Like, Stallone isn't playing Rambo but at least we know Stallone has previous experience playing a mercenary so his Expendables character is instantly recognizable. Death House doesn't really have that going for it. A lot of these actors are known for their iconic roles and not much else. When we think of Kane Hodder we thin of Jason. When we think of Tony Todd we ( likely) think of The Candyman. But we don't get Jason, or the Candyman. We just get two actors playing completely different, generic characters.
We also don't get a lot of interaction between these characters. They just show up, do their scenes and then disappear. This movie was unsuccessful in managing the number of characters and ultimately this hurts the movie more than anything else. 

The story itself is fairly uninspired. Two agents get trapped in a high security prison and power goes out. They have to survive the villains and psychopaths in there. They do all these weird interactive virtual tours that are probably the best part of the movie. It's here where we get Sid Haig hamming it up, conjuring up memories of Captain Spaulding. Unfortunately even these scenes go on too lo and the dialogue is clearly just providing exposition after a while. Once the power goes out we get a group of prisoners destroying everyone in their path and drawing a lot of CGI blood. 

Overall I would recommend avoiding this movie, even out of a curiosity factor. It's a really generic story and you really don't get any sort of character mashup that you want.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Burkion posted:

Here's how you watch Evil Dead the Definitive Version

Start Evil Dead 1, watch it to the end

Pick up Evil Dead 2 about 8 minutes into the film, just skip to the point where Ash gets taken by the Evil, but end Evil Dead 2 after he gets sucked into the vortex

Start Army of Darkness but skip the opening recap, pick it up where he gets sucked into the vortex

And then relax to Evil Dead 2013 at your leisure.

This, but watch Equinox first.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

My favourite final shot is the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Leather face just flailing his chainsaw around bathed in the sun looks so magical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I’ll just do Monster Squad as my staff pick, and if that’s taken then I’ll go with Shocker.